Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

Dont think theres kids tickets for the hogan. Doubt theyd let him in free either

Thanks for the reply

This is the only info I can get from tickets.ie where I bought my tickets. They dont give you an option of buying a child's ticket online

Ticket Information
    Pre-Puchase Price:
    Adult: €15/£14.00 (Pre-Purchase discount ends midnight on the day before the fixture)

Match-Day Price: Adult: €20.00/£19.00

Concession (Student/OAP): Rebate available at at Block D Cusack Stand with Cusack/Davin stand match day ticket and Valid ID
    Juveniles (Under 16 Years of Age): €5.00/£5.00

cossy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

cossy09 wrote:
    Concession (Student/OAP): Rebate available at at Block D Cusack Stand with Cusack/Davin stand match day ticket and Valid ID Juveniles (Under 16 Years of Age): €5.00/£5.00

Only valid for Cusack and Davin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Kumejima wrote: »
    Kerry supporter here. Just wondering if anyone knows where Tom Parsons is in his recovery? Any ETA for him coming back into the team? It was so horrific, is there a chance he won't come back?

Saw him in the gym in WestPark Tallaght yesterday. Looked in good condition compared to last saw him in there when knee was in brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

cossy09 wrote: »
    HI Guys

Based in Dublin (Mayo Father). Bringing him on Sat night to Croker. I am a Dub but have been supporting Mayo since 2006 . Main reason is for my father . He is elderly and has only memories of listening to the 50'51 Finals on a radio when he was 10/11 . So we have had some great trip's over the last 8 years around the country ultimately ending in disappointment. We got to no games last year due to Mayo's poor season.

So looking forward to Sat night. I have bought 2 tickets in Lower Hogan. My sister has now asked if we could bring her 5 year old along . Does anyone know the story here? Can we just turn up and pay a fiver at the gate for my nephew to get in. He can sit on my knee or I am sure we can move around as it wont be full capacity .? Dont have kids of my own so just wondering if that would work. ?

Cheers

Fair play to you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Six changes to the Mayo team published for Saturday night but will that team start as selected?

1. Rob Hennelly - Breaffy
    2. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
    3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis(C)
    5. Lee Keegan - Westport
    6. Colm Boyle - Davitts
    7. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
    8. Matthew Ruane - Breaffy
    9. Donal Vaughan - Castlebar Mitchels
    10. Fionn McDonagh - Westport
    11. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
    12. Ciaran Treacy - Ballina Stephenites
    13. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
    14. Brian Reape - Bohola Moy Davitts
    15. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Plunkett, Doc and possibly Ó Donoghue to start imo if fit to play

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Plunkett, Doc and possibly Donoghue to start imo if fit to play

Yeah I'd love to see young Eoin and Michael Plunkett start.I mistook DOC to be Jason Doherty as opposed to Diarmuid O Connor.:)

It would'nt greatly surprise if Matthew Ruane was let start in lions cauldron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Hennelly needs to have a stormer of a game sat evening if he is ever to have a chance of reclaiming the number one shirt but surly the dubs will rain down high balls all day with what they no of him.
    With Dublin needed the win badly I hope we can put it up to them ,with so many changes and youth in or side which is great to see by the way I fear it will be a long day for some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

naughto wrote: »
    Hennelly needs to have a stormer of a game sat evening if he is ever to have a chance of reclaiming the number one shirt but surly the dubs will rain down high balls all day with what they no of him.
    With Dublin needed the win badly I hope we can put it up to them ,with so many changes and youth in or side which is great to see by the way I fear it will be a long day for some

Hennelly is Horan's number 1.......

km79 wrote: »

I've a feeling you may be right.

I find it hard to understand why David Clarke is staying put if you are correct.

So anybody give us a chance on Saturday as I think the Dubs will badly need the win and they'd love to make a statement of intent against a team who are without a competitive win against them since 2012?

A pretty one sided rivalry all be out probably the greatest in gaelic football in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

seligehgit wrote: »
    The Gaelic Football Show

Episode Three Enda Varley,Murphy's best position,Toxic Dubs Mayo Rivalry

https://cdn.radiocms.net/radio-cms/uploads/2019/02/20175427/2002-gaelic-football-show-EP3-POD.mp3

Very good podcast.

Great interview with Enda Varley discussing all things Mayo for the first 19 minutes.

The end of the podcast raises any interesting question.

Will Cluxton start for Dublin on Saturday?:confused:

A very interesting question indeed. From what i've seen so far Comerford needs alot more work to be a worthy replacement of Cluxton, and Dublin need to win if they have any aspirations of getting into a league final.

Really looking forward to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I like the youth in the side. They have to be given a go in the deep end some time and now is the best time to do it, while we're in a comfortable position and it's not knock out football. Yes, the dubs will be out for blood, especially as they need the win more than we do, but this is a good chance to see what these youngsters are really made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I believe so too. I think Horan values kickouts over shot stopping and hennellys kickouts are better. Maybe he feels he can rebuild hennellys confidence.

More than Hennelly, I'd be more concerned about Ger Cafferky going forward. If Horan decides to go with him at full back for the summer, is he going to be reliable enough? When push comes to shove, I think Cafferky is off the pace of high intensity championship games, and I'd be worried about history repeating itself. However, I believe Horan likes him and will persist with him for the championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I've a feeling you may be right.

I find it hard to understand why David Clarke is staying put if you are correct.

So anybody give us a chance on Saturday as I think the Dubs will badly need the win and they'd love to make a statement of intent against a team who are without a competitive win against them since 2012?

A pretty one sided rivalry all be out probably the greatest in gaelic football in recent years.

Wouldn't give us much realistic chance of winning here, but as long as it's not a thumping like the last few league meetings and a couple of forwards put in good showings I'd be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

jr86 wrote:
    Wouldn't give us much realistic chance of winning here, but as long as it's not a thumping like the last few league meetings and a couple of forwards put in good showings I'd be happy

Are we playing Mayo or Kerry here?

Stoner wrote: »
    Are we playing Mayo or Kerry here?

Heh

But in all honesty after the past few seasons taking hidings off Dublin in the league, a performance would do me

A win would obviously be super but I'm being objective here. I'd expect a huge Dublin backlash and to be honest we don't even need to win this, so there will be a bit of experimentation at play.

But I'd love to see a forward or two stand up and take it to them. Since 2012, Andy Moran's AI final in 2017 is the only time i can recall a prolific forward performance by Mayo against Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

jr86 wrote:
    A win would obviously be super but I'm being objective here. I'd expect a huge Dublin backlash and to be honest we don't even need to win this, so there will be a bit of experimentation at play.

I'm expecting a good game. Kerry and Monaghan were good versus Dublin.

jr86 wrote: »
    Heh

But in all honesty after the past few seasons taking hidings off Dublin in the league, a performance would do me

But I'd love to see a forward or two stand up and take it to them. Since 2012, Andy Moran's AI final in 2017 is the only time i can recall a prolific forward performance by Mayo against Dublin

2017 was a heavy defeat but Last year was 4 point defeat and 2016 it was a 3 point defeat so they were hardly considered hidings.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

2017 was a heavy defeat but Last year was 4 point defeat and 2016 it was a 3 point defeat so they were hardly considered hidings.

2015 was a heavy defeat as well. Dublin were comfortable throughout last year's game from what I remember. Conor Loftus came on and converted a few frees to gloss the scoreline somewhat.

Well yes, if we just judge on the scoreboard and ignore all else, but the game was over at half time and if I remember correctly Dublin barely even scored in the 2nd half they took the foot off the pedal so much

We barely laid a glove on them until the game was well beyond doubt

In 2017, I remember we had just beaten Kerry and the Dubs had started slowly themselves, so we were very confident coming into Croker and got the mother and father of all hidings. Hopefully we can give them a proper game of it this time

• Advertisement

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    2015 was a heavy defeat as well. Dublin were comfortable throughout last year's game from what I remember. Conor Loftus came on and converted a few frees to gloss the scoreline somewhat.

Yeah just looked it up, the last 3 scores were Loftus frees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

No cluxton should make it interesting.

irishgeo wrote: »

Surprised TBH.

Has their team been named yet, not that it means much anyway? I think Cluxton will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Nope. No team announcement yet. Should be tomorrow around noon. Usually is when it's an evening game.

And then the actual team announcement by Jerry Grogan tomorrow night at about 7.02pm. ;)

Would
    Should implies he isn’t playing which we don’t knowi yet

All bow for Keith Higgins better known as Zippy.His 150th appearance tonight for the green and red. A four time all star and without a doubt one of the greatest players to have donned the jersey.He'll leave a massive void when he finally does depart the stage.

He is captain for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

All bow for Keith Higgins better known as Zippy.His 150th appearance tonight for the green and red. A four time all star and without a doubt one of the greatest players to have donned the jersey.He'll leave a massive void when he finally does depart the stage.

He is captain for the night.

Arguably the most consistent and naturally talented players I've seen play for Mayo. Fair play Zippy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Hey all, I have 4 hogan stand lower tickets to sell for the game today. Unable to go this evening as something has popped up. DM for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AG123

Any way of streaming the game this evening? I see GAAGO is only for outside Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AG123

Any way of streaming the game this evening? I see GAAGO is only for outside Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Six changes to the Mayo team published for Saturday night but will that team start as selected?

1. Rob Hennelly - Breaffy
    2. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
    3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis(C)
    5. Lee Keegan - Westport
    6. Colm Boyle - Davitts
    7. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
    8. Matthew Ruane - Breaffy
    9. Donal Vaughan - Castlebar Mitchels
    10. Fionn McDonagh - Westport
    11. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
    12. Ciaran Treacy - Ballina Stephenites
    13. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
    14. Brian Reape - Bohola Moy Davitts
    15. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

Nice mix in there if that is the team that starts. Plenty of old stagers at the back that know what Dublin will bring and nowhere better to see what young blood is made off than a league game in Croke Park that Dublin really need to win. It will be interesting to see how Treacy, Reape and McDonagh fare.

Especially Fionn McDonagh who looks a serious prospect.
    A win for Mayo would be a major boost in getting a monkey off their backs, but with 6 points in the bag I would look more too an overall performance where the rest of the league can be used for fine tuning with an eye to Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Mandygav wrote:

Would love to know. Happy to pay per view or whatever. Hate watching games in pubs

Beautiful evening thus far in the capital.

Hopefully the game can live up all the hype most especially from the Mayo viewpoint.:D
    Very strong Dublin team selected.

Best of luck to the ladies too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Would love to know. Happy to pay per view or whatever. Hate watching games in pubs

You can sign up but it’s a minimum of two months
    https://www.eirsport.ie/gaa

No Diarmuid O'Connor among our subs is disappointing. No Kilkenny on the Dublin bench but Cluxton, Cian O'Sullivan and a few others are there.

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    No Diarmuid O'Connor among our subs is disappointing. No Kilkenny on the Dublin bench but Cluxton, Cian O'Sullivan and a few others are there.

Mayo bench for tonight according to the program.

D Clarke
    C Barrett
    D Drake
    M Plunkett
    J McCormack
    S Coen
    J Kelly
    S O Shea
    F Boland
    K McLoughlin
    C Loftus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Not looking great here, Dublin should really have taken a couple of more goal chances and killed the game already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

When I saw Cassidy was the ref., I thought goodnight Mayo !!!

In truth, Mayo have not risen to the occasion yet. 2 pts in 30 mins is woeful.

• Advertisement

jr86 wrote: »
    Heh

Well feck that anyway :o

Not looking great here, Dublin should really have taken a couple of more goal chances and killed the game already

Horan making absolutely no attempt to change the defensive structure in game to adapt???

spoke too soon, peno!:D

spoke too soon, peno!:D

No, right the first time, peno saved.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Seems there’s different black cars rules in force when it comes to the Dubs.

That’s why the black card hasn’t worked
    Refs making a ****e of it
    If that’s not a black card then I don’t know what it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

That’s why the black card hasn’t worked
    Refs making a ****e of it
    If that’s not a black card then I don’t know what it

Ref completely chickened out. Mayo lucky not to have conceded a few goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Brutal ref. Can't touch a Dublin player and he blows up. How that wasn't a black card is beyond me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

blackwhite wrote: »
    Seems there’s different black cars rules in force when it comes to the Dubs.

Don't think you'll find too many Dubs defending that one, I'm as confused as the rest, looked black to me.

Fine game from Rob Hennelly, can see why tonight he's Horan first choice keeper and only for him tonight Dublin could be leading by 12 points at the break.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement