Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design Idea help

Options
  • 10-07-2017 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hoping that we might be able to get a little advice on what we could do with this area outside our house. We have a lovely tree (I think its a Cordyline) but it would be nice to see a little more all year colour in plants along the wall or just remove the grass.. Any advise, tips or pictures of what might work would be great :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mez353

Nice example of a Cordyline. If you want to continue with a jungle theme then try Paeonies, Persicaria Red Dragon and Japonica. They all have the jungly foliage. For colour check out my plant nursery Cosymeadows. You'll have to search online as I cannot post a url. Personally I'd make all of the lawn a bed and pack it with larger plants and colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Thanks - ideally looking for pictures so we might sort the disagreement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I'd put trellis on both walls, them clothe with climbers - the classic winter jasmine/cotoneaster combo is hard to beat.

Advertisement