Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaoxing Rice Wine

Options
  • 10-07-2017 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could get Shaoxing Rice Wine anywhere near North County Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Alicat wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get Shaoxing Rice Wine anywhere near North County Dublin?

Any Asian shop should have it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Got some in Asia Market about 2 weeks ago on Drury Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adini

You can get it in Tesco, they have a "Tesco Ingredients" brand one

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Any Asian shop should have it
    I looked for it before a few times and did not see it. Being alcohol I guessed that you might need a licence to sell it. It would not surprise me if some had it "under the counter"

Dry sherry is often recommended as a substitute.

rubadub wrote: »
    I looked for it before a few times and did not see it. Being alcohol I guessed that you might need a licence to sell it. It would not surprise me if some had it "under the counter"

Dry sherry is often recommended as a substitute.

I think it usually has seasoning in it so it gets classed as a sauce - like seasoned cooking wine/brandy/madeira.

Yup, dry sherry is an excellent substitute but Shaoxing is usually much cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Local spice shop doesn't seem to keep it. I was hoping not to travel into the city centre so Tesco sounds like the one to try!

Thanks.

Alicat wrote: »
    Local spice shop doesn't seem to keep it. I was hoping not to travel into the city centre so Tesco sounds like the one to try!

Thanks.

If they don't have it, just get dry sherry. They really are very similar

Advertisement