Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No FTTC in the middle of Ballincollig Cork?

Options
  • 10-07-2017 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Recently moved house. Had 50Mbit FTTC in the previous place, phoned to move and was told I could not be guaranteed broadband unless I ordered a line but numerous apartments in the area had 100Mbit FTTC and it should be no issue. 

First tech came and couldn't set up the line, called management company and basically he hadn't checked the cables. I had to take a days Annual leave to be there. Second tech came and management company had to again come and walk him through it. Now I am told there is only 8Mbit available and no FTTC! I find this bizarre for a new build in the middle of a large town within the Cork city bounds. It is also an inability to provide the equivalent service to what I had. I now have a cancellation fee of €170 to pay which really doesn't sit right. 

How is this possible? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Nonoperational,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. I'm afraid no service is guaranteed and you would not know the exact speeds until you are up and running. The eFibre service may not be available at the new house as it's subject to availability.

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look clarify this for you.

Thanks

Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Just hard to understand in the middle of a new development in the middle of a very large commuter town within Cork city bounds. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Unfortunately, this is due to numerous factors.

Please feel free to PM me your details and I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement