Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftth exclusive to eir?

Options
  • 10-07-2017 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

Ftth will be made live outside my house in rural area on the 26th of this month.

Eir sales rep pre selling packages this week saying ftth exclusive to eir at the moment.

Told by Vodafone rep over phone that once it is live they can install and sell me ftth.

Told this to eir rep who said it is not true as ftth at the moment is exclusive to them to sell and all that Vodafone would be in position to supply would be broadband over copper lines.

Who is telling the truth ? Is rural ftth exclusive to eir at the minute and if it is for how long is it exclusive?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi teach nua,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, FTTH is exclusive to eir.

I apologise for any confusion caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi teach nua,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, FTTH is exclusive to eir.

I apologise for any confusion caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna
    FTTH is not exclusive to eir according to open eir's page at
    http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/

It is available from eir, Pure Telecom, Westnet, net1, digiweb and fastcom

These would be for fibre to the cabinet connections.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

These would be for fibre to the cabinet connections.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Anna,
    politely, I think you are wither misreading your own map, or the information on the page is wrong....
    The solid green square beside the provider denotes FTTC, the solid green house icon beside the provider donates FTTH

I will clarify this with the relevant department.

I do apologise and will update you as soon as I have heard back.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

We are still querying this with the relevant department and should have more information for you soon on this.

I do apologise for the confusion caused by this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

We are still querying this with the relevant department and should have more information for you soon on this.

I do apologise for the confusion caused by this.

Thanks,
    Anna
    No confusion you are just being dishonest to lure the customer into signing up with Eir.

It is not exclusive to Eir, maybe not available with Vodafone but most certainly available with digiweb and a few others. No queries needed.

I'm very sorry you feel this way spix and I have replied to your thread.

-Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Anna,
    is there an answer to the actual question? Is FTTH exclusive to eir or not?
    I believe that you responded truthfully on the 12th but then did a complete ninja edit on your post and changed it to "We are still querying this with the relevant department and should have more information for you soon on this."
    There have been multiple flip flops of your position on this for over a week? Can you provide the answer?
    thanks
    Irishgrover

I apologise for the delay as we needed to clarify this.

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on another providers' services, however, similar services are available with other providers.

I am very sorry for any confusion caused.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement
Advertisement