Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA after college

Options
  • 10-07-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Just a quick question for anyone who might be able to help; does anyone know if there is any way to bump up for overall qca after you finish 4th year? I needed a 2:2 for my masters but I ended up shy of it and just shy of being automatically bumped up via my FYP. It doesn't look like i'll be able to find any masters that will accept me with a third class honours.

Any help is massively appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

UL I presume?

Once the window for the grade rechecks etc has closed there's not much that can be done unfortunately...

depending on the masters you want to do not all look for 2:2 or above, some just want an honours degree, which you will still have.

I know a guy that started a masters as a dip and did the second year for the msc provided he did well enough in the first year exams.

All is not lost, there are options! What is it you want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 boarddog

Right right, There's a bit of hope so! I got accepted into a Masters of Science in Psychological Science in UL, and they took it off me during the week because I didn't meet the required 'requirements' say, which was at least a 2:2, so pretty short on options at the moment. Got my FYP rechecked since I fell short by one grade for the bump up, but found out today nothing changed so a little lost at the moment!

Advertisement