Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard for idiots

• 10-07-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can someone explain this to me? I have spoken to Springboard but they just confused me ever more :(
    I work full time, I do not have a degree. I have an advanced diploma.
    Can I apply for any Springboard course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I did springboard about 12 years ago !! .. but it was full time.. I would say it still is,So you wouldn't be able to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Redplonk wrote: »
    Can someone explain this to me? I have spoken to Springboard but they just confused me ever more :(

There are some courses available on Springboard for people in full employment most starting this September - Check out their web site it's fairly clear. They are part time courses in the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Redplonk

Thanks ðŸ‘ðŸ»
    Can I apply for a course if I have level 7 already? I've my eye on a level 8 but not sure if I can apply for it as my level 7 is in a completely different area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Thanks ðŸ‘ðŸ»
    Can I apply for a course if I have level 7 already? I've my eye on a level 8 but not sure if I can apply for it as my level 7 is in a completely different area!

I'd certainly try Redplonk - if the course has (OTE) after it you can apply if fully employed also they take into consideration RPL (learning from experience in the field) no harm in trying - either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

You can do a level 8 Springboard even if you are employed, so long as you didn't get your level 7 through them.
    Level 9 (Post grads) are for unemployed only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 eldel1

Diceicle wrote: »
    You can do a level 8 Springboard even if you are employed, so long as you didn't get your level 7 through them.
    Level 9 (Post grads) are for unemployed only.

There are courses available for level 9 for employed people as well.

People in employment
    who wish to take a course in the manufacturing sector (e.g. Bio-pharma or medical devices technology) or
    who wish to take an ICT Conversion course or
    who already hold a Level 7 (Ordinary Degree) IT qualification who wish to upskill to a Level 8 IT qualification
    (springboard, accessed on 08 aug 2017)

each course on the springboard website (including level 9) indicates whether is available to employed or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

eldel1 wrote: »
    There are courses available for level 9 for employed people as well.

People in employment
    who wish to take a course in the manufacturing sector (e.g. Bio-pharma or medical devices technology) or
    who wish to take an ICT Conversion course or
    who already hold a Level 7 (Ordinary Degree) IT qualification who wish to upskill to a Level 8 IT qualification
    (springboard, accessed on 08 aug 2017)

each course on the springboard website (including level 9) indicates whether is available to employed or not.

That must be a very recent change(?) - I was looking into Level 9 last year on Springboard and was getting nothing at level 9 that was not restricted to unemployed people.
    It doesn't help that the Springboard reps in the colleges I talked to didn't even know the level 8s were available to employed but thats a different story.

**** Edit

Still not getting any Level 9s showing.
    I put a couple of search Filters on - Chose about 14 Dublin based colleges
    Level: Postgraduate
    Category: ICT
    Ticked the 'available to people in employment' box
    Left the 'restrict to ICT Conversions' unticked

Got 3 pages of Level 8s.

Is it a case the Level 9s that are there are open to Employed but are miscategorised on the Springboard site?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TomCor1

My wife is looking to get an entry level/diploma qualification in a psychology/counselling type course. I had a look on Springboard.ie but nothing available in this line. I previously heard that courses may be able to be added and qualify to be covered by Springboard (I called them but only a technical support number available). My wife is currently on the covid payment as her industry is still closed.

Any advice would be much appreciated. She would prefer a fully online course.

Thanks,

Tom

Advertisement