Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Fit

Options
  • 10-07-2017 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere to get a good bike fit in dublin city centre or thereabouts? Don't have a car so ideally has to be cycling distance to Dublin 7.
    I see the bike institute on dorset st does bike fits - anyone had any experience with these?
    Have a few niggles on the bike and really need a good fit

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd recommend Aidan Hammond in Wicklow. I know it's not in the area you've indicated but maybe you can get someone to give you a lift out. You won't be disappointed. He knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It's only about a 30k cycle from Dublin 7 to Aidan Hammond. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

I second Aidan Hammond. ...... He's based I'm kilmacanogue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I'll third Aidan Hammond ... he's over 200k from me but it was well worth the spin.
    Marty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm afraid I went to Aidan as well;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Also can recommend Aidan. Sure it's not too far of a spin out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Another plug for Aidan Hammond here. He's the man. Solved some knee pain issues for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Aidan is very good - I got dimensions for my road & MTB bikes, totally solved back ache
    http://www.bikefittingireland.com/about_us_1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The Club organised Aidan to come down to us for the day, top notch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Another one to recommend Aidan, solved alot of issues that I never even noticed before. Instantly faster, more comfortable and lasted longer.
    there is a poor taste joke in there somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

I guess I'll be going for a 60k round trip :)
    At least the second half should be more comfortable!

Thanks for the recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Another plug for Aidan, top man.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

The Matthews Bus heads straight out to City North where Bike Fit Studio are, and you can put your bike on/in the bus.

Do Cycleways not do bike fitting any more though? They're probably more suited for you. 

The technology that is used in both of those place would be better than the bikefitting basic setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Aidan Hammond sorted out my leg pains, back pains, shoulder pains and hand numbness that had me on the verge of quitting cycling. My bike was set up all wrong by the place I bought it and it was amazing how some tweaks to saddle and handlebar height, moving the saddle a few mms back and adjusting my cleats eliminated my problems immediately. I went from being unable to cycle more than 20kms without having to get off the bike to stretch for relief from muscle pain to being able to cycle 100kms without stopping and being relatively pain free. Still get a bit stiff but that's due to an old back injury and me sometimes neglecting to stretch.

Aidan's a top guy, knows his stuff and will sort you out. Can't recommend him highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Thanks for all the recommendations. I have an appointment with Aidan. I may take the DART and cycle from there, looking forward to it!

Advertisement