If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atmos Amp + up-firing speakers

Options
  • 10-07-2017 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade the Yamaha RXV675 I got from your good selves a few years ago to one which will pass 4k.

I was thinking of the Denon x2300, am I right in thinking this is the same as the x2300w that the Denon press release says will get a dolby vision update at some point?

I was also thinking of adding some upwards firing atmos speakers, the ONKYO SKH410

Whats the best you could do on the x2300 + the SKH410 delivered to Galway?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

rtyped wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade the Yamaha RXV675 I got from your good selves a few years ago to one which will pass 4k.

I was thinking of the Denon x2300, am I right in thinking this is the same as the x2300w that the Denon press release says will get a dolby vision update at some point?

I was also thinking of adding some upwards firing atmos speakers, the ONKYO SKH410

Whats the best you could do on the x2300 + the SKH410 delivered to Galway?
    Hi Rtyped,

there is some webchatter re the AVRX2300 getting a Dolby Vision HDR upgrade but nothing official ( I've emailed Denon towers to check ) and as such we just cannot guarantee especially as Denon have now officially discontinued the AVRX2300.

The New AVRX2400 which has just received a stunning 5 star review in What HiFi SI Dolby Vision HDR enabled as standard.
    https://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x2400h/review

If you wanted to go for the AVRX2300 with the ATMOS speakers from Onkyo the SKH410 the best we could do is £450 / €529 including delivery - the AVRX2300 is already massively reduces and we have very little scope for  additional discount.

If you wanted to upgrade the system a little ( actually quite a lot!) I'd recommend the Dali Debut A4 designed by Andrew Jones, they sound fantastic - we can do that system reduced from £579 to just £529 / €619 including shipping:
    https://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/elac/debut-a4-atmos/elac-debut-a4-atmos

If you wanted the AVRX2400 with the Onkyo SKH410 we can do that package reduced from £628 to £579 / €669 including shipping and for the AVRX2400 with the Dali Debut Atmos A4 we can do a Boardie deal taking the price from £748 to £649 / €749.

Thanks again for the enquiry and keep us posted if we can assist in any way - we have all the above kit in stock and ready for shipping so if you would like to order just ping us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and we will do our best to help,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.