Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition for the Endurance/Multisport Athlete

Options
  • 10-07-2017 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Ok, so Nutrition is something that has been mulling around in my head for a while now, and my own recent experience in a Sportif and now Kurt comments in their training log have prompted me to seek knowledge on this.

The subject of nutrition comes into a lot of conversations here, Whether it's Zico Tackling Obesity, Joey100 hijacking Zicos training log to discuss the merits of eating breakfast, the leg cramps discussion or go to any training log and there will be a some mention of begin fat, overweight, a need to loss weight, or get get down to racing weight etc etc etc.

And since the subject of nutrition pops up a lot here, I am hoping that this is because the people here have a lot of knowledge on the subject.

My own recent experience, where I faded badly towards the end sportif (but not solely due to nutrition...other factors were also at play) have made me realise I don't have any Nutrition strategy. I eat whats in front of me and Train but there is no connection between the two.

So where does someone start when developing a Nutrition plan.

In my head there are two types of plans:

1) one to lose weight healthly
    2) one to maintain a healthy weight.

Then these need to be adjusted depending on whether you are just training or leading up to and particiaptin in race/event.

But where do you go from here? Is there any resources available? Does anyone have an experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I know a few clubs that have gotten nutritionists in to talk on the topic and they were all very helpful. Fingal, Belpark, Racing 795, Pulse and Drogheda have all done so in the past that I know of and I am sure many others have too. Beth McCluskey gives a good talk on it.

I listen to Fitter Radio Podcast and Mikki Williden has a lot of good input on "real food" nutrition. A lot of what she talks about on the podcast sometimes is natural suppliments as well which I dont follow but in general she has good advice.

Advertisement