Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels/B&B's in Sligo town..

Options
  • 10-07-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi guys..looking for some local knowledge or info..I'm trying to find accommodation in either a hotel or B&B in Sligo town that wouldn't be too far from Sligo IT..dates would be early September for 3 nights..I've been looking online but am getting somewhat confused...places that say Sligo town but then say 16 miles from town centre..any suggestions?
    Alternatively self catering accommodation in Sligo town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The Clayton hotel is right behind the college, not much in the way of b&b's down that way - Its all student accommodation really

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

The Clayton hotel is right behind the college, not much in the way of b&b's down that way - Its all student accommodation really

That's what I thought but I'll look up the Clayton..cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Any of the hotels in the town are probably only 15 - 20 mins walk to the IT
    Riverside, Glasshouse, Sligo City Hotel.
    The Riverside is probably only 10 mins if you cross the pedestrian river bridge beside it up to the mall.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Or If you want to get away from the hustle and hustle, you can try Castle Dargan Hotel which is 15 mins into town. It mightnt be what you want but it can work out for ya that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Vlove wrote: »
    Or If you want to get away from the hustle and hustle, you can try Castle Dargan Hotel which is 15 mins into town. It mightnt be what you want but it can work out for ya that way!
    and then still have to go trough all the traffic to make it to the college.. you wont get much closer than the clayton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Vlove wrote:

Castle Dargan is the complete opposite side of town to where the OP is asking about..
    Clayton Hotel is your best bet, there are also self catering apartments at the Clayton under the Benbulben suites I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Apart from the Clayton I'd second that the Riverside Hotel would be next closest. They are in town and do delicious food also!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Hi You could try the Radisson also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Recliner wrote: »
    Hi guys..looking for some local knowledge or info..I'm trying to find accommodation in either a hotel or B&B in Sligo town that wouldn't be too far from Sligo IT..dates would be early September for 3 nights..I've been looking online but am getting somewhat confused...places that say Sligo town but then say 16 miles from town centre..any suggestions?
    Alternatively self catering accommodation in Sligo town?
    A lot of people not reading the OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Hi Have you considered Airbnb, some nice accommodation in Sligo on there

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to spend some time over the next couple of days looking up various places.
    Amazing how all the advances we've made have made simple things like booking hotels so complicated. Or maybe it's just me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

http://www.bedandbreakfastsligo.ie/

Amber cottage, just around the corner from the IT - B&B

http://sligoandaingeanbandb.com/

An Daingean B & B, A little further out the Dromahair road but still close to the IT

You also have the Benbulben Suites which I think is normally student accommodation during the term but is let for holiday rental in the summer and is right behind the IT beside the Clayton Hotel which was mentioned already.

So I booked the Clayton Hotel in the end. Location wise it's perfect. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Advertisement