Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
  • 10-07-2017 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Am I right in saying that all appliances that have inaccessible sockets need to have double pole isolator fitted above?

So fridge, dishwasher, freezer etc?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭EHP

Am I right in saying that all appliances that have inaccessible sockets need to have double pole isolator fitted above?

You are right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

EHP wrote: »
    You are right

Interesting, my sister just bought a new house, no over counter isolators on any of the appliances

Thought I may be missing something, have said she should bring it up with builder, I'm curious to know how the houses were certed without.

The only appliance that had an isolator was the washing machine.

Fridge, freezer, dishwasher all completely inaccessible but no double pole switches installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭EHP

Interesting, my sister just bought a new house, no over counter isolators on any of the appliances

Is the house just newly built

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

EHP wrote: »
    Is the house just newly built

Sure is, they only just got the keys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

Advertisement