Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation near Castle Durrow

Options
  • 10-07-2017 10:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been invited to a wedding at Castle Durrow. As I don't live in Ireland, it's an inconvenient location as I'll have to fly in and rent a car - all expenses I could do without at the moment! Nonetheless, it's a dear friend's wedding so I'll be attending, and I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend accommodation nearby that's a bit more affordable than CD itself?

Ideally, I'd be looking for a B&B or similar, as we really need to keep costs as low as possible. I looked on Air BnB, but there's not much choice. If we were to stay further away, would we have much difficulty getting a taxi at the end of the night, do you reckon?

Thanks!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

castle arms hotel in durrow regularly acts as an overflow for castle durrow.

also, the ashbrook arms guesthouse is lovely building with great food

both less than 5 mins walk from castle durrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

If you can't get either of the places named above, try Abbeyleix which is the next town north of Durrow, 5 minutes drive and you can book a taxi in advance.
    Enjoy :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks both! We got sorted :)

Advertisement