Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Hub 3.0 Software Update

Options
  • 10-07-2017 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Virgin Hub 3.0 downloaded a new software version after reboot.

Now CH7465LG-NCIP-4.50.18.23-4-GA-NOSH.

Does anyone have any information on changes or 'improvements'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

KGavin wrote: »
    Now CH7465LG-NCIP-4.50.18.23-4-GA-NOSH.
    Still on CH7465LG-NCIP-4.50.18.20-3-NOSH. (Uptime 0day(s)23h:21m:15s)

They will never announce what changes were made. Recently the Hub2.0(Netgear) had a security flaw so potentially they're reviewing security on all CPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

ED E wrote: »

They will never announce what changes were made. Recently the Hub2.0(Netgear) had a security flaw so potentially they're reviewing security on all CPE.
    Turn off the Virgin Hub 3 and power back on again it will then download the firmware update and then install it
    You will know it's updating when you see Internet flashing in green lot longer than usual it will then after updating power off and back on again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

paulboland wrote: »
    Turn off the Virgin Hub 3 and power back on again it will then download the firmware update and then install it
    You will know it's updating when you see Internet flashing in green lot longer than usual it will then after updating power off and back on again

I have mine in modem mode will it return to modem mode when it reboots?

jca wrote: »
    I have mine in modem mode will it return to modem mode when it reboots?
    Powering off/on the Hub won't change your Hub settings in regards to modem mode
    It will just update the firmware of the Virgin Hub 3

It will be still in modem mode when finished updating
    It will auto power off and on again after firmware has updated

paulboland wrote: »
    Powering off/on the Hub won't change your Hub settings in regards to modem mode
    It will just update the firmware of the Virgin Hub 3

It will be still in modem mode when finished updating
    It will auto power off and on again after firmware has updated

Thanks for that I'll give it a try later. Did you notice anything different? I must say VM have been the best BB provider I've ever had without a shadow of a doubt, I've been through them all at this stage with the exception of the ftth providers.

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    Thanks for that I'll give it a try later. Did you notice anything different? I must say VM have been the best BB provider I've ever had without a shadow of a doubt, I've been through them all at this stage with the exception of the ftth providers.
    I have not noticed anything different yet in terms of performance
    I will test the Hub 3 in router mode on Monday when others not at home to see if any changes in the Hub 3 Settings

The Hub is in modem mode and I not yet seen any positive or negative effects of the firmware update yet

My own wireless router does all the routing functions I would need to test the Virgin Hub 3 in router mode to see if any noticeable differences

Did the update it took a while, can't say I've noticed any change.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »

Had a reboot.

Standard specification compliant : DOCSIS 3.0
    Hardware version : 4.01
    Software version : CH7465LG-NCIP-4.50.18.23-4-GA-NOSH
    System up time : 0day(s)0h:3m:9s

Now up to date with you.

Advertisement