Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for rent allowance and pregnant

Options
  • 10-07-2017 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

im 10 weeks pregnant and im living at home with family but they dont no im pregnant im 20years old im gettin £193 a week in social welfare im afraid if they find out they could harm me abd my baby i was wondering if i can get social welfare rent allowance for me and my baby also if i do get rent allowance will my social welfare payment be increased or do i have more options thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bizadvice

Hi Rene

Citizens Advice are very helpful and have lady's who deal with your situation time and time again.

They have lots of centres heres one, or google "citizens advice centres dublin" for a full list

Blanchardstown CIC
    Westend House, Westend Business Park, Snugborough Road Extension, Blanchardstown, D15 KPW7
    Phone: 0761 07 5040

I know its scary now but everything will work itself out, do reach out for help. They are the best to advise.

Take care of yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

OP, I guess you're in the U.K./North in which case citizens advice contact details are here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

Best of luck, most families are very supportive once the initial shock has subsided.

Advertisement