Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH order

Options
  • 10-07-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,

I had ordered the 1000mbps FTTH bundle for 65 per month.   My install was today, but engineer called to the house and said it couldnt be done.  Apparently the only way it would be possible would be if i got a trench dug from my house all the way out to a manhole out on the road.   Seemingly there is no way of finding where the existing copper wire is coming in to the house.

I've already received the mobile phone that was part of the package and have been using it for the last week or 2, presuming that as the FTTH was available to me that it would actually be available to me.   I wouldnt have signed up for a mobile phone package on its own.   What are my options now re the mobile???

Am very disappointed that I cant actually get the FTTH that you are advertising as being available to me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Chieftain wrote: »
    Hi,

I had ordered the 1000mbps FTTH bundle for 65 per month.   My install was today, but engineer called to the house and said it couldnt be done.  Apparently the only way it would be possible would be if i got a trench dug from my house all the way out to a manhole out on the road.   Seemingly there is no way of finding where the existing copper wire is coming in to the house.

I've already received the mobile phone that was part of the package and have been using it for the last week or 2, presuming that as the FTTH was available to me that it would actually be available to me.   I wouldnt have signed up for a mobile phone package on its own.   What are my options now re the mobile???

Am very disappointed that I cant actually get the FTTH that you are advertising as being available to me
    Hi Chieftan, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you are not able to avail of the FTTH service, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you wish you can keep the mobile only package, the sales team on 1901 will be able to arrange a downgrade of your package to facilitate this.  They will also be able to explore all options with you and advise on what steps to follow next. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Anna 

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Chieftan, 

I'm sorry to hear you are not able to avail of the FTTH service, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you wish you can keep the mobile only package, the sales team on 1901 will be able to arrange a downgrade of your package to facilitate this.  They will also be able to explore all options with you and advise on what steps to follow next. 

Thanks 

Anna 
    Thanks Anna,

Am very confused now, because I've just got an email giving me an installation date next week for the fibre.  Can someone give me a buzz maybe to explain what the story is.

Thanks

Hi,

Hi Chieftan, 

Thanks 

Anna 
    Thanks Anna,

Am very confused now, because I've just got an email giving me an installation date next week for the fibre.  Can someone give me a buzz maybe to explain what the story is.

Thanks
    I'm afraid we are unable to arrange callbacks from here, we only deal through these channels. 

If you send on your account details I can have a look at this for you here. 

Thanks 

Anna 

Thanks Anna..PM sent

Thanks Anna..PM sent
    Thanks for those details Chieftain. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM'S.

Thanks 

Anna 

• Advertisement

Thanks Anna..PM sent
    Thanks for those details Chieftain. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM'S.

Thanks 

Anna 
    Hi Anna,

Just wondering whether you have any updates on this?

Thanks

Hi Chieftain,

I have replied your PM's :)

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi Chieftain,

I have replied your PM's :)

Thanks,
    Anna
    Thanks Anna, have been onto a couple of people and still none the wiser really.   I was querying what would happen with the mobile phone when the FTTH wasn't going through.   I was told that the mobile on its own would be €30 per month (although would be discounted for 6 months), but when I look at that plan online it says its only 15 per month for 24 months and then 20 per month.  I'm only on the 1gb plan.  Would it be possible for you to check the plan i'm on and what the cost would be without the broadband bundle.  I wouldn't have bothered getting the mobile if it hadn't been part of the FTTH package.

Thanks

I have replied to you through PM's in regards to this :)

Thanks,
    Anna

I have replied to you through PM's in regards to this :)

Thanks,
    Anna
    Thanks for all your help Anna, much appreciated

• Advertisement

No problem at all :D

Please feel free to come back to us if you have any further queries :)

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

The copper wire is there somewhere so they should be able to find it, but it's probably a more difficult than normal install so they couldn't be bothered.. There should also be an option of overhead install as many people have had this done. Just cancel the lot. If Eir don't let you then make sure to let us know. The main part of your bundle is not being supplied so they shouldn't be allowed to keep you in contract for the other part if you don't want to be.

spix wrote: »
    The copper wire is there somewhere so they should be able to find it, but it's probably a more difficult than normal install so they couldn't be bothered..  There should also be an option of overhead install as many people have had this done. Just cancel the lot. If Eir don't let you then make sure to let us know. The main part of your bundle is not being supplied so they shouldn't be allowed to keep you in contract for the other part if you don't want to be.
    Engineer called again on Saturday - lifted a few manholes etc. but just didn't find the copper wires.   Did suggest running a temporary overhead line from the house next door but that doesn't seem too feasible to me.   Would have to get written permission from owners of the house and it doesn't sound like a great plan.  Don't think im going to have any joy getting it at all

Hi Chieftain,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

If the technician is unable to install, a surveyor will do an inspection on this and a new appointment will then be arranged for you.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi Chieftain,

If the technician is unable to install, a surveyor will do an inspection on this and a new appointment will then be arranged for you.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Thanks Anna, I've had 2 appointments so far and both times the engineers haven't been able to progress it.  I got another email today giving me an appointment for the 26th.  Do you think this appointment will be for a surveyor to do an inspection?.   Don't want to take time off work again just to be told it cant be done.

The surveyor will go out and query where the lines are and the work that is needed to undergo your installation. 

Usually, this is done without the customer being present.

Thanks,
    Anna

The surveyor will go out and query where the lines are and the work that is needed to undergo your installation. 

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi, I wonder is it possible to check if a surveyor has gone out to check whats needed for my installation.  I've another (the 3rd) installation appointment next Wednesday and don't want to waste a days leave if its just going to be the same story again.  Thanks

Thanks for getting back in touch Chieftain.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks for getting back in touch Chieftain.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Anna,  PM sent. Thanks

No problem at all.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

No problem at all.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Anna,  Just wondering if you got a chance to look into whether a surveyor will be calling (or has called) regarding the FTTH installation. Thanks

I am currently working through my PM'S and will be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks, 
    Anna 

Hi Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi again,

So today was my 3rd appointment for the fibre install.   Took the day off work and guess what ????   Install couldn't be done as engineer couldn't find where copper cables were going into the house.  Obviously no surveyor has done an inspection and i dont have the fibre and another days leave completely wasted.   I did try to point out several times that there didnt seem any point, but when i was told that a surveyor would be checking it out, i though there might be a chance of the install.   The order might as well be cancelled at this stage.   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi again,

So today was my 3rd appointment for the fibre install.   Took the day off work and guess what ????   Install couldn't be done as engineer couldn't find where copper cables were going into the house.  Obviously no surveyor has done an inspection and i dont have the fibre and another days leave completely wasted.   I did try to point out several times that there didnt seem any point, but when i was told that a surveyor would be checking it out, i though there might be a chance of the install.   The order might as well be cancelled at this stage.   
    Hi Chieftan,

I am really sorry to hear this. Anna is no longer with the company, however, if you PM me your acocunt number and full name I will be able to take a look into this for you.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi again,

Hi Chieftan,

I am really sorry to hear this. Anna is no longer with the company, however, if you PM me your acocunt number and full name I will be able to take a look into this for you.

- Adam

Thanks Adam, PM Sent

Hi Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi again,

Hi Chieftan,

- Adam

Thanks Adam, PM Sent
    Thanks for that, I'll get back to your PM shortly.

- Adam

Hi Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi again,

Hi Chieftan,

- Adam

Thanks Adam, PM Sent

- Adam

Just sent another PM Adam.    My FTTH order has now been cancelled unfortunately.   Seems the visit of the surveyor wasn't true at all.

Hi Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi again,

Hi Chieftan,

- Adam

Thanks Adam, PM Sent

- Adam

Just sent another PM Adam.    My FTTH order has now been cancelled unfortunately.   Seems the visit of the surveyor wasn't true at all.
    Thanks, I've responded to your latest PM.

- Adam

OK, so Eir telling me that I am tied into my mobile contract even though they failed to fulfill my order. I only got the mobile as it was part of a bundle. They have not provided me with with the rest of the service I ordered. And it appears that I was lied to about a surveyor coming to the house. I feel strongly that I should be compensated for the day I took off work yesterday for a pointless engineer visit. This is extremely poor customer service and I would like to be contacted by a manager

• Advertisement

eir: Anna wrote:
    If the technician is unable to install, a surveyor will do an inspection on this and a new appointment will then be arranged for you.

So could one of the reps please explain why I was told that a surveyor would be doing an inspection

Advertisement