Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SAAB External

Options
  • 10-07-2017 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,
    Wanted to ask a quick question (well two).
    I am adding an external wired siren to my HKC Quantum.
    No install guide came with SAAB but seems pretty simple.
    So questions:

1. Do I remove the resistor when returning the tamper to the control or leave it across the tamper terminals in the external box?

2. The tamper switch is confusing me. Doesn't seem to cover the box being ripped from the wall. Does anybody have a diagram of any finished setup - I assume I need to bend the strip on the tamper switch but can't understand how to do this and actually reach the wall. It has a plastic bar in the way and if I use the bar it doesn't appear that it will actually touch the wall.

Of course if you have an install guide containing the answers, please pm me.

Thanks, Jay

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    You remove the resistor from the panel and wire it in series with the tamper return at the bell.
    You are correct re the tamper switch. Bend it back so it's against the wall and also protruding enough for the lid to push it closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Cut that plastic bar away and that will give the micro switch more movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jaydev

Thanks both, that's awesome. Sorry for the late response - didn't get any notices for some reason.

Do you guys usually solder the resistor to be sure, or use basic connectors - want to ensure it doesn't need maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

jaydev wrote:
    Do you guys usually solder the resistor to be sure, or use basic connectors - want to ensure it doesn't need maintenance.

If you are using a HKC SABB, then it will come with a resistor that is connected into 2 terminals.
    You will be putting your tamper return cable into one of those terminals, therefore there is no need to solder it as it will be secured in the terminal by the screw.

• Advertisement

Thanks kub, I think I got a bit confused with the 'remove the resistor from the panel and wire it in series' - so I get it now, I leave the resistor where it is and just wire the return into that block on the left terminal (marked return).

Cheers :-)

Advertisement