Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siren wiring

Options
  • 11-07-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,
    I've a Odyssey 3 bell box outside, residue from a disconnected alarm system. And I was wondering on the feasibility of wiring it to a 12 volt power supply, which would be plugged into a smart plug? And would I need to remove the backup battery?
    The idea is that I could turn on and off the siren remotely if needed.
    (I have a Arlo camera monitoring the house).

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

nippy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I've a Odyssey 3 bell box outside, residue from a disconnected alarm system. And I was wondering on the feasibility of wiring it to a 12 volt power supply, which would be plugged into a smart plug? And would I need to remove the backup battery?
    The idea is that I could turn on and off the siren remotely if needed.
    (I have a Arlo camera monitoring the house).

Cheers

You would need to wire it direct into the siren.
    The back up battery would be of no real benefit if you had no connection to the smart plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nippy

Thanks, yes I was going to wire the 12 volt adapter directly to the battery and have this plugged into the smart plug.

Thanks, yes I was going to wire the 12 volt adapter directly to the battery and have this plugged into the smart plug.

You're better off having the supply coming from the unit to the siren.
    On/alarm sounds, off its off.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nippy

altor wrote: »
    You're better off having the supply coming from the unit to the siren.
    On/alarm sounds, off its off.
    Cheers, did that . Works a treat.

Cheers, did that . Works a treat.

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted

• Advertisement
Advertisement