Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun purchase

Options
  • 11-07-2017 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Is there any particular time of the year suited to picking up a good second hand clay gun ? Looking to purchase a decent gun primarily for clays with a little bit of pest control thrown in for good measure. Would lads historically trade in clay guns after the summer to move on to the hunting season or is there any difference all year round. I will be looking over the next fess weeks but am willing to hold off if I thought lads would be trading in guns in the next few months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Clays are an all year around event especially with lads who don't hunt. But traditionally the leagues and competitions are held between the end and start of the game seasons.

I would rationalize that not many lads will move on guns (especially subs) too close to the opening of the season especially if it's their only gun.

When I used to scuba dive the best time for bargains was after the good weather months and around winter when lads were looking at their gear that hadn't been used that year (again) and realizing that they've fallen out of the sport... Others use that time of the year for changing / upgrading gear.

Keep an eye out and ask around other shooters there's always a bargain out there.

BTW if it's clays with the odd hunting trip then go trap, if it's 50/50 go sporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Thanks for the reply. I have my eye on a beretta A400 because it has the kick off system. They are hard enough to come by second hand but there are a few in the north if I can't source one locally. I'd like to try a few more out before I decided

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I have my eye on a beretta A400 because it has the kick off system. They are hard enough to come by second hand but there are a few in the north if I can't source one locally. I'd like to try a few more out before I decided

I know where one is second hand. Cased with chokes. Kick off system. Its an a400 xplor unico

Advertisement