Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this?

Options
  • 11-07-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just moved into a new house and it has a veg patch in it, it doesn't look well looked after and could do with some tlc. There are these big plants next to some garlic but I cant tell what they are. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't really know my veg, but I'm taking a punt on rocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't really know my veg, but I'm taking a punt on rocket?

I thought it might but i've never seen it so big? Would it be too tough to eat? What is the best way to make it manageable again?

Yes, looks like rocket alright. I'm sure you could pull some of the tender leaves away for eating. Looks like its coming into seed too. You can allow it self seed and grow back itself for next year. I find that rocket plants end up everywhere if i allow this to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Brilliant. thanks. Someone had the bright Idea of planting mint in or near the lawn so we have that to deal with too!

Mint can be a nightmare!
    I've it a bordered herb garden but I've used marine grade plywood to confine it's spread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement