Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017 UEFA Women's Championship

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Semi Final
    Denmark V Austria
    Netherlands V England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Wide open tournament. Can't really warm to England's coach, bit knobish at times.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well done to the ladies.

Well Sampson was actually sound as a pound there in that interview.

Well Sampson was actually sound as a pound there in that interview.
    He came across very well there. All that pre match stuff was just guff, even if it didn't reflect particularly well on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

England Denmark final for me.
    Having fancied England to win from the off, I've now changed my mind and think the Danes can do it.
    They way they dealt with Germany was very impressive, although they did offer up a few chances in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No idea what England's sub keeper is like, hoping we don't find out and she's a spectator.

Edit: Well first touch wasn't inspiring!

Bardsley has a broken leg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Bardsley and Scott will be big losses for the semi final.

Bardsley played on for a few minutes with a broken leg. Impressive.

I see the FA have high hope changing the kick off time of the Community shield so it does not class with the final

• Advertisement

Bardsley and Scott will be big losses for the semi final.

Bardsley played on for a few minutes with a broken leg. Impressive.

She played for 14 minutes. That's insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I see the FA have high hope changing the kick off time of the Community shield so it does not class with the final

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they didn't get to the final now.:P

Not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Not really.

Surely the sensible thing is to wait until the team gets to the final before changing anything to suit it.

Surely the sensible thing is to wait until the team gets to the final before changing anything to suit it.

If it was only them, I'd agree it would be, but broadcasters have their all important schedules to think about and far too much sway with all branches of the English FA.

The sensible thing is to plan in advance rather than scrambling around at the last minute.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    She played for 14 minutes. That's insane!

Fantastic effort to keep going as long as she did. I think she'll be a bigger miss than Stone. England reserve keeper just doesn't get a game normally so will be rusty to say the least.

Apparently it was changed a few weeks ago but only getting serious reporting now the week before it, going from a 5pm kick off to a 2pm kick off

Denmark beat Austria on penalties to go through to the final.

Netherlands have just taken the lead on England. Great build up play and a cross to the back post with a nice header to finish.

I think the English are missing Scott a lot. She'd have been a calming influence in midfield.

And that should have been an english penalty. No attempt to play the ball and just barged over the player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Feel for the English players, Claire Balding, Aloko et al were delighted when Germany got knocked going so far as to say "whoever wins between England and France will be properly fancying their chances now".

Every time, every sport.

• Advertisement

Depressingly poor performance by the ladies tonight. It would have been nice if we had managed to get to the final, but we didn't deserve to after that performance. The clearly better side won. Ah well.
    :(

It's coming up to half time and it's 2-2. Packed stadium and a load of goals. Great atmosphere from the small bits I've watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Ends 4-2 for the Dutch. :) Throughly deserved imo.

Yeah delighted for them. They were solid throughout and to win it in your back yard is fantastic.

Advertisement