Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to BBQ fish

Options
  • 11-07-2017 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all a newbie here with a very basic question
    Basically I'm trying to vary my diet a bit over the summer holidays. I like fish but the missus doesn't so I only get to eat it when out and that usually means away on holidays .
    I particularity like Sea Bass.
    Anyway I'm making an attempt today to cook some Cod Fillet . I'm hoping to do it onthe BBQ.
    Having read a small bit on it I'm thinking tin foil methodis easiet?
    So oil it both sides and some herbs and that's it ?
    How will I know it's done as it's my first time cooking fish A
    The skin is on it if that makes a difference .
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Get a BBQ fish basket/rack.
    Works a treat. Just oil and season each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thanks will do
    So for today wrap in tin foil and oil and season ?
    Roughly how long ?

Thanks will do
    So for today wrap in tin foil and oil and season ?
    Roughly how long ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 ZaffizaKunt

Make a two zone fire (direct & indirect) on your BBQ and put the fish on the BBQ over the indirect side. Tinfoil or similar would be best as the fish will break up a bit when cooked. Use whatever herbs/veg you want.
    If you have a bit of smoking wood throw it onto the fire also for a nice smoky taste.
    Close the lid and it should only take 8-10 minutes at about 200 degrees C.
    Job done.

You can do above with both charcoal and gas BBQ, I dont know which you have! For the smoking on the gas BBQ throw a few wood chips into a tinfoil ball and put onto the direct heat and they should smoke for you.

Make a two zone fire (direct & indirect) on your BBQ and put the fish on the BBQ over the indirect side. Tinfoil or similar would be best as the fish will break up a bit when cooked. Use whatever herbs/veg you want.
    If you have a bit of smoking wood throw it onto the fire also for a nice smoky taste.
    Close the lid and it should only take 8-10 minutes at about 200 degrees C.
    Job done.

You can do above with both charcoal and gas BBQ, I dont know which you have! For the smoking on the gas BBQ throw a few wood chips into a tinfoil ball and put onto the direct heat and they should smoke for you.

Sorry should have said I've a gas BBQ

• Advertisement
Advertisement