Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering the Birth

Options
  • 11-07-2017 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

It's been six weeks since the birth of our daughter and still no form has come for us to go along to the office in Drogheda. I rang them several weeks ago to see what the story was and they stated a form would be sent out and once that was received we could go in.
    Trying to contact them today it just goes to voicemail. I have to say this is frustrating. How long does it typically take for them to send out the form?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Did u get any paperwork when discharged from the hospital. I got a bundle of info leaflets and the birth registration form was in it. If you live close to where u need to register can u call in a maybe collect a form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Clashmore wrote: »
    Did u get any paperwork when discharged from the hospital. I got a bundle of info leaflets and the birth registration form was in it. If you live close to where u need to register can u call in a maybe collect a form

Same as this, I got the form while I was an inpt. Did you ring the hospital where the baby was born?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

We got a ton of paperwork from the hospital.... I need to go through it more thoroughly and see what's there. I rang the office several weeks ago and they told me to do nothing but wait for the form to come through my letter box and once that happened I was to call into them.

Hmnn, will go through everything we got from the hospital.

We got a ton of paperwork from the hospital.... I need to go through it more thoroughly and see what's there. I rang the office several weeks ago and they told me to do nothing but wait for the form to come through my letter box and once that happened I was to call into them.

Hmnn, will go through everything we got from the hospital.

Do. I had mine shoved in a pocket of my hospital bag, I only rooted it out and put it somewhere safe the other day. The form is nothing special though. It should be easy enough to get another. The hospital should have sent your details on to the registrars office, but the form they give you is very generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lolococo

We walked into our local births deaths and marriages office and registered the birth within a few days of our sons birth. They will have received the details from the hospital. I think you won't get your children's allowance until the birth is registered so I wouldn't wait any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I've registered 4 births, and I don't remember ever having to bring any form with me or waiting for one to come out. You can go to any local registrars office and register the birth. The hospital will have sent all the details. You will just confirm them, and sign the digital screen, and they will print out the birth cert there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I've registered 4 births, and I don't remember ever having to bring any form with me or waiting for one to come out. You can go to any local registrars office and register the birth. The hospital will have sent all the details. You will just confirm them, and sign the digital screen, and they will print out the birth cert there and then.

Same as above (except three births not four). We just presented to the local registers office, took a number, were presented with a form on a clipboard which we filled out in the waiting area. We then went to the office where we confirmed the details they had received from the hospital, signed the digital thingumebobby, paid the fee and left with a copy of the child's birth certificate.

However every county may have a slightly different procedure but then again I gave birth in one county and registered in another.

Rogueish wrote: »
    Same as above (except three births not four). We just presented to the local registers office, took a number, were presented with a form on a clipboard which we filled out in the waiting area. We then went to the office where we confirmed the details they had received from the hospital, signed the digital thingumebobby, paid the fee and left with a copy of the child's birth certificate.

However every county may have a slightly different procedure but then again I gave birth in one county and registered in another.

With all mine, when the ward clerk came around and took details (names, occupations etc), she handed me a form to bring with me. The form was blank though, so I doubt it's any big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can ring up the registration office to ask them if they've received the details. If they have then you don't need any forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You shouldn't need anything, I'd just make your way up to the office in Drogheda (or you can go to Dublin, if that's easier for you too) to register them, 6 weeks they should have details from the hospital about the birth now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement