Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoves and A Rated Homes

Options
  • 11-07-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for opinions, I asked over on plumbing and heating but this might be a better section for my question.

We're in the process of building a new house which will be A Rated with air to water heating.

I'm wondering if a stove would actually be too much heat wise? Would a good electric fire or bio ethanol fire serving as a focal point be a better bang for our buck?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Have you carried out a provisional BER? This will make you aware of your renewable requirements. A small stove would look best imo, Check out 'stovax'

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭daphne

Or Charnwood (small one like C4)...

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Thanks guys, definitely a small one but I was just wondering in general if people with a rated homes get much use out of their stoves?

Advertisement