Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Arepas in Ireland ?

Options
  • 11-07-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I was wondering has anybody ever made Arepas in Ireland ? If so what brand of corn flour, corn meal, polenta or pre cooked white corn meal did you use to make them ?

Any response appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

My girlfriend is originally from Colombia and introduced me to them, they're frickin delicious! The brand we use, and I think it's the main one, is 'PAN'. It comes in a yellow or an orange bag, she prefers the yellow (not sure why). There was an ethnic food store just off abbey street, but that's closed now :/http://www.asiamarket.ie apparently sells it, and it's on Drury Street. She's actually going to check it out today to see if they have any in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

gerryfed wrote: »
    My girlfriend is originally from Colombia and introduced me to them, they're frickin delicious! The brand we use, and I think it's the main one, is 'PAN'. It comes in a yellow or an orange bag, she prefers the yellow (not sure why). There was an ethnic food store just off abbey street, but that's closed now :/http://www.asiamarket.ie apparently sells it, and it's on Drury Street. She's actually going to check it out today to see if they have any in stock

Hi I picked them up in Asia market , they only had the orange PAN pack....however I have seen yellow and orange PAN packs in shops in Moore street

whiz wrote: »
    Hi I picked them up in Asia market , they only had the orange PAN pack....however I have seen yellow and orange PAN packs in shops in Moore street

Yeah she picked up a yellow pack in an ethnic store on Moore street today. She said most packs were actually out of date though so just something to check ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

gerryfed wrote: »
    Yeah she picked up a yellow pack in an ethnic store on Moore street today. She said most packs were actually out of date though so just something to check ðŸ‘

Could you ask her is there any difference between the yellow and orange packs ? Like is it easier to cook with the yellow pack than orange pack ?

whiz wrote: »
    Could you ask her is there any difference between the yellow and orange packs ? Like is it easier to cook with the yellow pack than orange pack ?

No difference in cooking... she said it just tastes slightly different. There must be some difference though, just not sure what. If they hadn't got the yellow pack then she would have just bought the orange one so they cant be that different!

• Advertisement
Advertisement