Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Examinations Superintendents

Options
  • 11-07-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    Does anyone know when we get paid for the State Exams supervision? An exact date?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved from LC.

Probably find more superintendents in this forum than among the LC students. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

There's no exact date. It depends on the date you finished upand how fast you got your form in. Email financial@examinations.ie with your pps number and they will tell you how far your claim is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

My friend got paid mid Aug last year. Think she had only a short few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

I got mine yesterday, I finished on the 14th and sent everything back that day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got paid today! I finished on thurs 15th but they would not of received my form until the 19th mon!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not superintending, but I finished moderating of a non-written component of an exam and sent in my form the 29th June. Astonished to be paid within two weeks. I almost sent them flowers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I wonder is it a policy to pay quicker than before, in the hope that people stick with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

They said to me they are aiming to pay within 30 days of receiving forms! I got paid on a Friday for superintending which I thought was a bit strange! For my marking they told me they pay on Thursdays only! They tried to pay me 30 days after making but I left out some info on form so that delayed it by a week for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I did practicals in May and between one thing and another only got to post my claim form around the 1st or 2nd of June. Was paid on the 10th. Was amazed.

Had my advance after correcting conference within 5 days of conference. I know this used to be the norm, but for a few years it was nearly the end of July before it appeared.

Things seem to be very efficient this year.

Even last year I remember getting my superintendent pay two weeks in to examining. Then I had my examiner pay the first week in September. Big improvement over both years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

They must be processing claims as they come in which is a good thing.

Going back about 10 years ago, the balance of payment for corrections used to be the second week of September and without fail the money used to be in my account around the time the JC results came out. Then it all went to pot when the recession hit and it was as late as November one year. So I have my fingers crossed for early payment this year.

They probably had reduced staff with the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Still awaiting payment here - finished Superintending on 21st....

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

chases0102 wrote: »
    Still awaiting payment here - finished Superintending on 21st....

Anyone else?

Same as this! I emailed them and they said I'll receive it within 30 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Same as this! I emailed them and they said I'll receive it within 30 working days.[/quote]

30 days of sending in form or from now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Same as this! I emailed them and they said I'll receive it within 30 working days.

30 days of sending in form or from now?[/quote]

Within 30 working days of them receiving my form.

Sent in 16th of June. So should be in this week. Will ring Monday and see

Sent in 16th of June. So should be in this week. Will ring Monday and see

Update
    Emailed them said paperwork received 26th of June. Took 10 days to get to them?? Paying within 30 days of this. Not when you sent.

Advertisement