Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM fault, HKC

Options
  • 11-07-2017 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I've a HKC 1070 with the GSM module. It's always worked flawlessly, until earlier. I heard a beep, fault up saying GSM line monitoring fault. In status it shows no signal.

I contacted 3 (an O2 card) to check network, but can't get any help. The card is topped up. If I send a text command to the card, it's not being received. I opened the wall cabinet to look at the SIM, removed it and reseated it. Few minutes later I get a few texts to my phone from the alarm with different status updates. Brilliant all working! 2 minutes later it went into GSM fault again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭JamBur

Well this is weird; as I posted the above I got a text from my system. Signal level is now high. I can send and receive, but it's still showing the GSM fault. Has to be provider issues?

System is now fully functional, but the error on the wall panel remains. How do I clear this?

If I turn off monitoring in the gsm menu dues that disable the GSM line monitoring?

Sorted. System just need a full reboot. Power and battery. My monologue ends now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

JamBur wrote: »
    If I turn off monitoring in the gsm menu dues that disable the GSM line monitoring?

Comms menu, Communicators, GSM, Options, Signal Monitor.
    By default its set to yes but I`d leave it this way.
    If you had it off today you would of never known of the issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement