Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ras and Rent A Room scheme

Options
  • 11-07-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm renting part of my house out to a couple on the rent a room scheme. They've asked me to go on the RAS scheme for them and say they'll pay me a top up on the rent.

First, from what I've read a top up isn't allowed on ras but is on HAP. However council pay a much smaller portion on Hap, leaving the tenant with a larger top up to pay

Also, I'm living in the house. Hap says that it must be occupied by the tenant only. I'm wondering what the situation with ras would be, ie can i live in the same house and be a landlord on the ras scheme?

I'd like to keep the tenants and i know they can't afford market rent. I'd be happy to go with ras even though it pays 10-20% below market rent. If tenant can legally pay a top up then great.

I've read from citizens information that in some circumstances in rent a room scheme the hap can be accepted, does anyone know implications for HAP or RAS FOR landlord on rent a room scheme? Thanks

Advertisement