Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2018 Ballyliffin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Some shots from when I was at Ballyliffin in September 2016

2pyuk3o.jpg

2e2f9f6.jpg

e9dncm.jpg

33mo03q.jpg

2vvqi4l.jpg

hvp8ae.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Right folks, after thinking it through I've decided It's just too much of a trek for one day.
    However I did win 2 tickets so they are now going spare if anyone wants them. They can be redeemed for any single day of the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

If anyone is travelling up for the weekend and based in Letterkenny, let me know. Looking to get from Letterkenny to Ballyliffin on the Saturday. Happy to split a taxi. Will be 2 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Contrasting answers from Shane Lowry and Padraig Harrington at the press conference today.Shane basically said the course is there in front of you,so get on with it.Then along comes Padraig with the psychology stuff :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Felexicon wrote: »
    Right folks, after thinking it through I've decided It's just too much of a trek for one day.
    However I did win 2 tickets so they are now going spare if anyone wants them. They can be redeemed for any single day of the open.

If nobody had taken these I'd happily find a home for them. Heading up Thursday and have a ticket for Friday but will more than likely go at the weekend as well.

fullstop wrote: »
    If nobody had taken these I'd happily find a home for them. Heading up Thursday and have a ticket for Friday but will more than likely go at the weekend as well.

Sorry man you just got beaten to it by another poster who PM'd me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Going to be the hottest and driest Irish open by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Who do people fancy for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

benny79 wrote: »
    Who do people fancy for this?

Matt Southgate would be my outsider, I'd fancy lowry to have a good week also.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Surprised Ross Fisher isn't playing or Casey both past winners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pro Tracer will look great on that shot

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not a great looking field.

Has Justin Thomas pulled out? I thought he was going to play it.

Was never entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

is there still day tickets on sale for this?
    it's a solid lineup with the scottish being on next week the top players are splitting time between them id say.
    was at portstweart in the rain last year and watching Rahm was a pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great prize money.

We are basically at a stage that even money can't get US players over.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I'm actually surprised some of the big American players didn't come over and do a month of living in the UK with their families. Play French Open and then 3 weeks of links golf which is finished off with the Open. I know it's a long time but in this day and age it's a bit odd. Assume a good few are enjoying 4th july and weekend off before coming over to do Scottish & British open.

The scary thing for me is that the likes of Sergio, Rose and Casey are not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

wardides wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised some of the big American players didn't come over and do a month of living in the UK with their families. Play French Open and then 3 weeks of links golf which is finished off with the Open. I know it's a long time but in this day and age it's a bit odd. Assume a good few are enjoying 4th july and weekend off before coming over to do Scottish & British open.

The scary thing for me is that the likes of Sergio, Rose and Casey are not playing.

Casey is an American in almost every sense of the word these days. Hes trying to make the Ryder Cup so we've seen a bit more of him in Europe but with a selective schedule, its clear he doesnt prioritise the Irish Open. A shame since its an event hes won before.
    Rose and garcia dont need the points. Or the hassle. Both got lashed out of it the last two years, Rose in Portstewart and Garcia in RCD, and probably only teed it up in the 1st place as a favour to McIlroy. Cant see either rushing back unless the tournament gets the Scottish Open slot. Money and quality golf course is no longer enough. For the big names, convenience is king.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,544 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If anyone on here is looking to go, I have a spare 4 day pass for it.

We can do a deal on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Word of warning for anyone coming up for tomorrow morning, there has been a serious road traffic accident on the main route to the course. The road is expected to be closed at least overnight allow an extra 30ish minutes to the journey time just in case.

Best route avoiding the closure is head for Muff, Quigleys Point, Carndonagh then Ballyliffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,544 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

IP freely wrote: »
    Word of warning for anyone coming up for tomorrow morning, there has been a serious road traffic accident on the main route to the course. The road is expected to be closed at least overnight allow an extra 30ish minutes to the journey time just in case.

Best route avoiding the closure is head for Muff, Quigleys Point, Carndonagh then Ballyliffin.

http://www.highlandradio.com/2018/07/04/buncrana-to-burnfoot-road-closed/

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

JCDUB wrote:
    Does anybody know of a coach/bus service from Donegal town? Searched the web there but no details. Group of us going up to Donegal town/Enniscrone to play Mon-Thurs and thought it's be a nice add-on to get Sunday of the Irish open. Looks like we might have to drive though.

The sligo bus eireann goes through Donegal Town. You could get that to derry. And there is a bus every hour (at ten past the hour from outside the guildhall in derry) to buncrana. There are shuttle buses from buncrana to Ballyliffen then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

Irish open preview about to start on BBC1 - Now

A course I haven't played but love the look.

As a links fan - I'm on the fence if they make for good tournament golf.

Yes something different and maybe a good add for Ireland.

For all you think of Rahm - he is saying the right things for Irish golf.

The Irish, sort of like temperamental sport lads.
    We loved Seve.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2018/0704/976440-i-wish-every-week-was-like-the-irish-open-jon-rahm/

Will be interesting the scores.

It sounds too easy ?

Andrew Coltart very passionate about Links golf and the course - has had a 66 in a pro event here.

Like us you love the course you've played well on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

The Burnfoot / Buncrana Road has now reopened for anyone heading this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...John Rahm doing John Rahm as usual...Eventually he'll do it on the green and cause damage to it...

Advertisement