Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Art Education Masters Degree/ Programs/Courses

Options
  • 11-07-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for advice and information!

I have a Level 7 Bachelors Art and Design Degree and a Level 8 Bachelor Honors Degree in Fine Art. I also have one year experience in teaching abroad (UAE) Along with a year teaching private one on one art lessons here in Ireland.

However to apply for further teaching jobs, naturally I am required to have a teachers certificate/license which I do not hold as I am not qualified.

I am looking for advice and information in regards to doing an online course which will give me the teaching certificate and qualify me as a professional teacher.

Are there any online courses out there that still have vacancies for the academic year of 2017/2018?

Is it possible to do an Art Education course online? If so, may I have links to those courses as I am having difficulty finding courses.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I can't help you with a course, but have you read the other threads here about the difficulties finding jobs, particularly art teachers and especially those with only one subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Hibernia college runs an online/blended learning PME but I don't know if they do Art. The NCAD is the usual route for art teachers PME route. UCC have a similar course. Have you tried googling PGCE art teaching UK? Cit and Lit too.

Advertisement