Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools Rugby 2017 2018 Thread SEE MOD WARNING POST #1773

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

You still arent getting the point being made

Its not the end of the world and at least there is some games shown. Far more than any other school grade competition in any other sport.

Roscrea. Winner of other game plays Clongowes

What point?

I’ve given my reasons on my opinion on the VM and League.

I’ve stated already that I think the format should change. You have been involved in countless discussions and you know the reasons why they won’t budge. There is absolutely no point going over the same conversation with you on it again.

10 years ago this thread got popular because people talked about the Leinster Schools Cup and the squads and the games. Somewhere along the line it was demanded by a couple that other tournaments and even youths rugby got thrown in, and a few hobby horse topics just come up again and again. It’s one of the reasons why this thread has gone to crap. I bet in a couple of weeks time if I look in I’ll see some moan about schools not releasing players to clubs again, and on and on we’ll go.

Granny15 wrote: »
    Agreed. 2008 had a good spread across the schools.

Rock weren’t domineering.

Professionals from then;

6th years
    Tom Sexton, Michael Keating (Belvedere, winners)
    Michael Noone (CBC)
    Jack McGrath, Darren Hudson (Marys)
    Dominic Ryan, John Cooney (Gonzaga)
    Jack O’Connell (Clongowes)
    AJ MacGinty (Blackrock)
    Noel Reid (Michaels)
    Ian McKinley (Columba’s)

5th years
    Jordi Murphy, Andrew Conway, Macken et al (Blackrock)
    O’Shea, Hart (Belvedere)
    Ben Marshall (Andrews)

Probably more If you dig down. There were a lot more players who were very highly rated in school who played academy or didn’t quite make it but were very very good in school and rated as high as fellas up there.

The above pros doesn’t even reflect the talent some schools had. Terenure for example lost to Belvedere in the 1st round but that team had got to the Junior Cup final. Belvedere beat them with the last play of the game. In fact Belvedere beat Terenure, Roscrea and Clongowes on the way to the final with a last minute winning try, winning the game by a score and being pushed by Roscrea and holding the ball up over the line vs Clongowes. They could easily have lost any of those games in the run up to the final. The final could have been won by Mary’s with a kick at the death. Mary’s themselves had beaten the fancied CBC in the semi finals, a deserved win but it could easily have gone the other way on another day. CBC had been pressing for the equalising score at the death.

That Clongowes team had barely beaten out Blackrock in a replayed quarter final where they themselves would have lost if a kick had gone over with the last play of the 1st game.

That Leinster Schools team went unbeaten on tour in South Africa.

The weakest of the Big 6 that year were Michaels- who still had several returning players from the winning side of 2007 and had Noel Reid who could kick anything.

You might have had more stacked teams but there hasn’t been a broad spread of talent since then. There were 6 schools that year who I would say had a realistic chance to win it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

themont85 wrote: »
    What point?

I’ve given my reasons on my opinion on the VM and League.

I’ve stated already that I think the format should change. You have been involved in countless discussions and you know the reasons why they won’t budge. There is absolutely no point going over the same conversation with you on it again.

10 years ago this thread got popular because people talked about the Leinster Schools Cup and the squads and the games. Somewhere along the line it was demanded by a couple that other tournaments and even youths rugby got thrown in, and a few hobby horse topics just come up again and again. It’s one of the reasons why this thread has gone to crap. I bet in a couple of weeks time if I look in I’ll see some moan about schools not releasing players to clubs again, and on and on we’ll go.
    Why are you getting so wound up about this. This thread has changed and evolved like many other threads here. That is natural on forums.
    Ive been on this forum 8 or so years at this stage. The chat on schools rugby has changed as people here have seen more youths rugby, it has become stronger. Discussion in media has changed and if you cant see the issues of debates about schools v clubs(youths) being serious and causing conflict then why have schools nearly went to court on the issue, why have the media reported on this issue year after year. Its discussed here because its relevant to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Professionals from then;

6th years
    Tom Sexton, Michael Keating (Belvedere, winners)
    Michael Noone (CBC)
    Jack McGrath, Darren Hudson (Marys)
    Dominic Ryan, John Cooney (Gonzaga)
    Jack O’Connell (Clongowes)
    AJ MacGinty (Blackrock)
    Noel Reid (Michaels)
    Ian McKinley (Columba’s)

5th years
    Jordi Murphy, Andrew Conway, Macken et al (Blackrock)
    O’Shea, Hart (Belvedere)
    Ben Marshall (Andrews)

Probably more If you dig down. There were a lot more players who were very highly rated in school who played academy or didn’t quite make it but were very very good in school and rated as high as fellas up there.

The above pros doesn’t even reflect the talent some schools had. Terenure for example lost to Belvedere in the 1st round but that team had got to the Junior Cup final. Belvedere beat them with the last play of the game. In fact Belvedere beat Terenure, Roscrea and Clongowes on the way to the final with a last minute winning try, winning the game by a score and being pushed by Roscrea and holding the ball up over the line vs Clongowes. They could easily have lost any of those games in the run up to the final. The final could have been won by Mary’s with a kick at the death. Mary’s themselves had beaten the fancied CBC in the semi finals, a deserved win but it could easily have gone the other way on another day. CBC had been pressing for the equalising score at the death.

That Clongowes team had barely beaten out Blackrock in a replayed quarter final where they themselves would have lost if a kick had gone over with the last play of the 1st game.

That Leinster Schools team went unbeaten on tour in South Africa.

The weakest of the Big 6 that year were Michaels- who still had several returning players from the winning side of 2007 and had Noel Reid who could kick anything.

You might have had more stacked teams but there hasn’t been a broad spread of talent since then. There were 6 schools that year who I would say had a realistic chance to win it all.

1998 wasn’t as one sided as the score lines might suggest either.

Clongowes had a try scoring machine in the shape Gearoid “Samson” Hayes playing on the wing. He was a muscle bound machine and it was like watching a 23 year old man play against 18 year olds as he was more physically developed. Scored something like 14 tries in the whole tournament 4 games that’s something like 3.5 tries a game.

They had Des Dillon a 6’6 lock that was a steady stream of line out ball for them and the player who just broke tackles for funin Gordon Darcy. Outside of that unique combination of a stream of line out ball and try scoring machines they weren’t as good player wise as the score lines suggest. Their JCT results were probably a truer standing of their talent across their team outside of those 3 players. They went out in the JCT at quarter finals level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The pros from the Rock and Michaels teams of 2013 are numerous and listed elsewhere. The others off the top of my head included:

Terenure had their best team in years and were favourites going in at the time with Dardis, Brewer, Trenier, Doyle, Thornton, Somerville, O' Neill etc

Clongowes weren't an overly impressive team but certainly not poor with Cleary, O Donoghue, Lappin, connors and so on

Belvo were largely unimpressive but had a big big pack

Roscrea had their strongest ever team by some distance

Gonzaga had a good side led by McKeown, lavelle, marks etc

KH had their strongest team in ages with Fitzpatrick and the Akpan brothers

St Andrews had the spine of the side that did great things the following year including Porter, Jones and Guy

CBC had their best team since 2008

Mary's were weak but still had a few individuals like Kennedy

Newbridge also had a strong team with a good crop of 5th years

Kilkenny were a good enough team to keep Rock who won the tournament to a respectable score.

I can't remember anybody getting hammered that year as the standard across the board was so high. Maybe High School if the played Clongowes that year. Can't remember if that was 2013 or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Bridge93 wrote: »
    The pros from the Rock and Michaels teams of 2013 are numerous and listed elsewhere. The others off the top of my head included:

Terenure had their best team in years and were favourites going in at the time with Dardis, Brewer, Trenier, Doyle, Thornton, Somerville, O' Neill etc

Clongowes weren't an overly impressive team but certainly not poor with Cleary, O Donoghue, Lappin, connors and so on

St Andrews had the spine of the side that did great things the following year including Porter, Jones and Guy

Kilkenny were a good enough team to keep Rock who won the tournament to a respectable score.

I can't remember anybody getting hammered that year as the standard across the board was so high. Maybe High School if the played Clongowes that year. Can't remember if that was 2013 or not

2013 had some cracking games.
    A terenure that fancied themselves lost to roscrea in tallaght in a cracker

Rock were down to 14 men and came back against the same roscrea side in another cracker.

Final was pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

If my memory is correct then that Gonzaga team came through the Vinnie Murray that year beating High School along the way.
    I think 2010or 2008 was the year Clongowes thumped High school as the Vinnie Murray final was scheduled for the first break week of the cup or something along those lines?

Ah you're listing out teams now who really. The standard was certainly high but realistically there were what 4 teams in it?

Blackrock
    Michaels
    Roscrea
    Terenure

Roscrea were fancied as dark horses by a few.

Belvo, Clongowes, CBC, Blackrock, Marys and Terenure all had a reasonable expectation of winning it in 2008. You've listed some talented names there but we aren't talking about Ian McKinley, Noel Reid, Dominic Ryan, Craig Ronaldson, Marty Moore, John Cooney, Ben Marshall and probably a couple of others who played for schools other than that top 6 all of whom went pro, not to mention the talent that are schoolboy specials.

It's a site of opinions but I struggle to see a year with more depth and spread of talent across schools and more realistic winners than that.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    If my memory is correct then that Gonzaga team came through the Vinnie Murray that year beating High School along the way.
    I think 2010or 2008 was the year Clongowes thumped High school as the Vinnie Murray final was scheduled for the first break week of the cup or something along those lines?

Could be it yeah. After a few years the first rounds tend to blur into one a bit!

I've said it before but that Rock Roscrea game is the best schools game and atmosphere I've ever witnessed. It was outstanding. Even neutrals and folks decades out of the schools we're going nuts as it unfolded.

D14Rugby wrote: »

2010 was The High School

08 first round Clongowes beat Kings Hospital who had a young enough side. The DeToit brothers were on that team.

• Advertisement

Ah you're listing out teams now who really. The standard was certainly high but realistically there were what 4 teams in it?

Blackrock
    Michaels
    Roscrea
    Terenure

Roscrea were fancied as dark horses by a few.

Belvo, Clongowes, CBC, Blackrock, Marys and Terenure all had a reasonable expectation of winning it in 2008. You've listed some talented names there but we aren't talking about Ian McKinley, Noel Reid, Dominic Ryan, Craig Ronaldson, Marty Moore, John Cooney, Ben Marshall and probably a couple of others who played for schools other than that top 6 all of whom went pro, not to mention the talent that are schoolboy specials.

It's a site of opinions but I struggle to see a year with more depth and spread of talent across schools and more realistic winners than that.

Rock did not expect anything in 2008. I know from being in the school at the time. There was 13/14 fifth years in the 22. Was being viewed as a breeding ground for the following season. Anything beyond a semi final would've been a pleasant surprise

Rock and Terenure had as much chance of winning the cup in 08 as Clongowes did in 2013.

Anyone who played in 2013 are at the oldest 23 years old. Probably a better discussion to have in 2 or 3 years time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Munstet Senior Cup Round 1 tries:

https://youtu.be/EuqsuH0qmro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I've said it before but that Rock Roscrea game is the best schools game and atmosphere I've ever witnessed. It was outstanding. Even neutrals and folks decades out of the schools we're going nuts as it unfolded.

best schools game i saw - think Ringrose was playing - the rise of a star began -

belvo/rock game 2 years ago was good too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Could be it yeah. After a few years the first rounds tend to blur into one a bit!

Oh I know the feeling :D

I'd say its closely followed by the Rock Belvo game(s) in 2013, that first one especially was a real cracker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Jokesonyou61

irishfan9 wrote: »
    upto other schools to mobilize people to vote for them too..

although eir should show all the games..

Fintans just have a large if not the largest fan base as they're a public school from the north side so the want from their supporters is greater than the want of other schools, they won by a fair few percent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

2013 was the year I had in mind when I asked the question actually. You've summarised it pretty well here.
    I think 5 teams could've won that year. Michaels, Rock, Roscrea, Nure and Clongowes. Clongowes weren't as strong as the previous 2 years but had brought in Cleary and had been one of the strongest teams all the way up through those years.
    What stands out for me though is the spread of quality throughout the schools.
    Belvo, although not as strong as the last few years, had probably their best team since '08. Newbridge, Knock, Gonzaga, KH, Kilkenny and CBC all had strong sides by their standards. There was no easy game or hammerings and some very entertaining games including the best schools game I've seen in the Rock/Roscrea game and the best final I've seen too.

As for the talent comparing to '08, I think in 10 years time Ringrose, RByrne, JRyan, Timoney, Oliver, Jäger (hopefully), SOB2.0, Maloney etc will have made a bigger impact on Irish rugby then their '08 counterparts!

Rock did not expect anything in 2008. I know from being in the school at the time. There was 13/14 fifth years in the 22. Was being viewed as a breeding ground for the following season. Anything beyond a semi final would've been a pleasant surprise

Rock and Terenure had as much chance of winning the cup in 08 as Clongowes did in 2013.

Anyone who played in 2013 are at the oldest 23 years old. Probably a better discussion to have in 2 or 3 years time

That was a misconception based on early form.

Before that Cup campaign they had won some very important friendlies.

The reason people said Rock weren't that strong was that they weren't dominant, but that was down to talent being more evenly spread across the province, which is kind of the point of the discussion.

Bank of Ireland Leinster Schools Senior Cup 1st Round fixtures

Belvedere College v Gonzaga College (Sunday, 28th January, Donnybrook, KO 3pm)
    Terenure College v St Michael’s College (Monday, 29th January, Donnybrook, KO 3pm)
    Blackrock College v Castleknock College (Tuesday, 30th January, Donnybrook, KO 3pm)
    Newbridge College v Presentation College, Bray (Wednesday, 31st January, Donnybrook, KO 3pm)
    St Fintan’s High School v St Gerard’s – live on eir Sport (Thursday, 1st February, Donnybrook, KO 3pm)
    Clongowes v The King’s Hospital (Thursday, 1st February, Clontarf FC, KO 3pm)
    Wesley College v Cistercian College, Roscrea (Friday, 2nd February, TBC, KO 3pm)
    St Mary’s College v St Andrew’s College (Friday, 2nd February, Donnybrook, 3pm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Anyone know whether there is a Schools Cup "Season Ticket" available? I really enjoy schools rugby and work close to Donnybrook so can easily skive off for an hour or so to watch some of the games but the costs mount up if you do it regularly!

FrannoFan wrote: »
    2013 had some cracking games.
    A terenure that fancied themselves lost to roscrea in tallaght in a cracker

Rock were down to 14 men and came back against the same roscrea side in another cracker.

Final was pretty good too

I watched a few of the games in 2013 and I definitely don't think the standard was as high as other years certainly not 2008.

Rock weren't as dominant in 2013 so that might be why there seemed to be a spread of eveness across all the teams in the comp - but the standard of those teams wouldn't beat teams from other years.

I don't think the winning Rock team would have beaten winners in '08 '09 '10 '11 '14 '16 '17 - they weren't a strong Rock side and therefore I think the competition wasn't as strong. The Roscrea game was certainly not the best/most intense Cup match I've witnessed. There have been many many more that are better - I just think that 2013 Rock team were supported well and have advertised this.

Going back to '98 you had games with old rivalries bearing their heads. It was like a lifetimes efforts all coming to a head for each school. That doesn't happen any more - sure the players are far more professional but they haven't been supporting their schools since the age of 4/5 (with the exception of a few schools). Something has been lost in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Tomtomfoolery

C3PO wrote: »
    Anyone know whether there is a Schools Cup "Season Ticket" available? I really enjoy schools rugby and work close to Donnybrook so can easily skive off for an hour or so to watch some of the games but the costs mount up if you do it regularly!

Ya 40 euro spar in donnybrook i think

From Eir Sports TV guide webpage:

Sunday 18th Feb - 16.15 Quarter Final 1
    Monday 19th Feb - 15.00 Quarter Final 2
    Tuesday 20th Feb - 15.00 Quarter Final 3
    Wednesday 21st Feb - 15.00 Quarter Final 4

Munster senior quarter final draw
    PBC Cork v Ard Scoil Ris
    CBC Cork v St Clements
    Crescent v Rockwell
    Bandon Grammar v Glenstal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Noscrumnowin

I watched a few of the games in 2013 and I definitely don't think the standard was as high as other years certainly not 2008.

Rock weren't as dominant in 2013 so that might be why there seemed to be a spread of eveness across all the teams in the comp - but the standard of those teams wouldn't beat teams from other years.

I don't think the winning Rock team would have beaten winners in '08 '09 '10 '11 '14 '16 '17 - they weren't a strong Rock side and therefore I think the competition wasn't as strong. The Roscrea game was certainly not the best/most intense Cup match I've witnessed. There have been many many more that are better - I just think that 2013 Rock team were supported well and have advertised this.

Going back to '98 you had games with old rivalries bearing their heads. It was like a lifetimes efforts all coming to a head for each school. That doesn't happen any more - sure the players are far more professional but they haven't been supporting their schools since the age of 4/5 (with the exception of a few schools). Something has been lost in recent years.

I couldn’t disagree with you more 2013 Rock side were unbelievable and great to watch as were Michaels that year either team would have thumped the Belvo 2017 team who defended well but couldn’t get any attack going and only scored through an unforced error.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Predictions on how much Belvo will beat zaga on Sunday? I reckon Belvo by 10- 15 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭6elieve

Predictions on how much Belvo will beat zaga on Sunday? I reckon by 10- 15 pts

Closer than that but an easy win for Belvo... if that makes any sense, Belvo game management is outstanding. Reckon it will be Belvo by 5-10points but always in control

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Straw Hats

Predictions on how much Belvo will beat zaga on Sunday? I reckon Belvo by 10- 15 pts
    Lost to Blackrock 34 -8 last year. We're never in it.
    20+ Belvo.

Straw Hats wrote: »
    Lost to Blackrock 34 -8 last year. We're never in it.
    20+ Belvo.

Belvo not as strong as Rock last year.

Close until late IMO.

Belvo by 20-25.

• Advertisement

Straw Hats wrote: »
    An old dear I've never met before just stopped me on the street and told me "Michaels are going to land the cup this year".

Interesting post coming from a Zaga man.

Are you sure you're in a position to be mocking Michaels coming from the geekiest school in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gavin4

Are you sure you're in a position to be mocking Michaels coming from the geekiest school in Ireland.

While I expect belvo to win - I think you are underestimating gonzaga who were 2 mins away from retaining league. They have some very talented players and while less adventurous that than last year are more solid

If they can contain hawkshaw then they'll rattle Belvo's cage - if not will be 10 point win for belvo

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Straw Hats

That old dear is you.

Gavin4 wrote: »
    While I expect belvo to win - I think you are underestimating gonzaga who were 2 mins away from retaining league. They have some very talented players and while less adventurous that than last year are more solid

If they can contain hawkshaw then they'll rattle Belvo's cage - if not will be 10 point win for belvo

Zaga have quality but team selection all wrong ...
    Arthur Henry at 12... seriously :/

6elieve wrote: »
    Zaga have quality but team selection all wrong ...
    Arthur Henry at 12... seriously :/

Is Barr at 10 and O'Donnell at 13?

What's wrong with Henry at 12?

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Is Barr at 10 and O'Donnell at 13?

What's wrong with Henry at 12?

All he has is size, wouldn’t have the highest rugby IQ in my opinion
    Frank O’Grady at 15 wouldn’t set the world alight either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

Is Byron playing for belvo on Sunday?

Is Byron playing for belvo on Sunday?

Is there or was there a doubt about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 threeinarow

Belvedere College SJ Starting XV vs Gonzaga College SJ

1. James Gleeson
    2. Luke Harmon
    3. Conor Cagney
    4. Neil Howard
    5. Alex Soroka
    6. Gerard Hill
    7. Aaron Coleman
    8. Ruadhan Byron

9. Ted Walsh
    10. Justin Leonard
    11. Matt Grogan
    12. David Hawkshaw CAPTAIN
    13. Jamie O'Grady
    14. Alistair Loughrey
    15. David Lacey

1. James Gleeson
    2. Luke Harmon
    3. Conor Cagney
    4. Neil Howard
    5. Alex Soroka
    6. Gerard Hill
    7. Aaron Coleman
    8. Ruadhan Byron

9. Ted Walsh
    10. Justin Leonard
    11. Matt Grogan
    13. Jamie O'Grady
    14. Alistair Loughrey
    15. David Lacey

As a past pupil, I hope they do well, what is the outhalf like? Why isn't Hawkshaw playing there? Is that a full strength team? Or is there any players missing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 threeinarow

As a past pupil, I hope they do well, what is the outhalf like? Why isn't Hawkshaw playing there? Is that a full strength team? Or is there any players missing?

Outhalf is good, no cup experience so will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure.
    Hawkshaw playing 12 dues to tactics
    Sam Barry, Harry Beggy, Cailean Mulvaney and James Murphy all injured

Is there or was there a doubt about him?
    Was on crutches about a month a month ago

1. James Gleeson
    2. Luke Harmon
    3. Conor Cagney
    4. Neil Howard
    5. Alex Soroka
    6. Gerard Hill
    7. Aaron Coleman
    8. Ruadhan Byron

9. Ted Walsh
    10. Justin Leonard
    11. Matt Grogan
    13. Jamie O'Grady
    14. Alistair Loughrey
    15. David Lacey
    Number 11 is a fourth year I think

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Rugbyf565

1. James Gleeson
    2. Luke Harmon
    3. Conor Cagney
    4. Neil Howard
    5. Alex Soroka
    6. Gerard Hill
    7. Aaron Coleman
    8. Ruadhan Byron

9. Ted Walsh
    10. Justin Leonard
    11. Matt Grogan
    13. Jamie O'Grady
    14. Alistair Loughrey
    15. David Lacey

How many of that team, if any (apart from hawkshaw) started in the Belvo SCT team of last year?

1. James Gleeson
    2. Luke Harmon
    3. Conor Cagney
    4. Neil Howard
    5. Alex Soroka
    6. Gerard Hill
    7. Aaron Coleman
    8. Ruadhan Byron

9. Ted Walsh
    10. Justin Leonard
    11. Matt Grogan
    13. Jamie O'Grady
    14. Alistair Loughrey
    15. David Lacey

Wouldn’t be the strongest of packs

Rugbyf565 wrote: »
    How many of that team, if any (apart from hawkshaw) started in the Belvo SCT team of last year?
    Below is the link to team from the final.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/belvedere-college-are-2017-senior-cup-champions/

Couple of Ulster cup games tomorrow but mainly some friendlies listed in Ulster but not sure how many will be played if some schools out of cups..

Outhalf is good, no cup experience so will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure.
    Hawkshaw playing 12 dues to tactics
    Sam Barry, Harry Beggy, Cailean Mulvaney and James Murphy all injured

With all those injuries do you still think they will win? If they do win will those injured players be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Rugbyf565

With all those injuries do you still think they will win? If they do win will those injured players be back?

Sam Barry's a big blow in the backline anyway, previously capped Leinster. Harry Beggy too, was a strong replacement last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sudolife

6elieve wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be the strongest of packs

Disagree, pack is very strong, just a lot of unknown players

Sudolife wrote: »
    Disagree, pack is very strong, just a lot of unknown players

Well I disagree with you as I remember a couple of players playing for JLT and being distinctly average

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement