Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools Rugby 2017 2018 Thread SEE MOD WARNING POST #1773

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

D14Rugby wrote: »
    You could say yearly underperformance but when was the last time a non big 6 school knocked Terenure out? There was Roscrea in Tallaght but none since then and none for a while before then so its not as if they're being beaten by league teams on a yearly basis.
    And the lack of top end production is debatable, the club team are second in the AIL and you could count on one hand the players in the panel that didn't go to the school, then youve the odd academy player they produce.
    You got to consider today they were missing 2 very good leinster reps and they weren't out played, they are producing good rugby players, they just seem to be a bit smaller than their competition in recent years which has been their downfall.
    If Terenure dropped to the league then in my opinion gaa would take over, the club would suffer too and it would be a downward spiral, it's a lull jusr now, it happens.

why would playing league rugby cause the gaa to take over?

back to todays game..

howd dardis do?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭6elieve

irishfan9 wrote: »
    back to todays game..

howd dardis do?

Thought he was good , very solid under the high ball .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

I dont see how GAA would necessarily take over if terenure dropped to the league. What makes you think that?

GAA is already a growing sport in the school, which might i point out is a good thing, kids should be exposed to as many sports as possible i think, but it'll never over take rugby just now because Terenure is a "rugby school" and they're told from day dot about the history of the teams and how they're a big 6 school and are there by hard work and determination and that every year should hold up the tradition of being one of if not the best in leinster.
    Then to suddenly drop them into the league one of two things would probably happen, i think, you'd see the school push back and really invest in rugby and come out like a wounded animal in the years after or you'd see the school go okay and pupils wouldn't have all the historical reasons to pick rugby over gaa so some would go there instead of playing both or just rugby. Of those two considering that Terenure aren't awash with money and know how schools rugby works, the second would happen.
    But thats just my thinking and obviously it's all hypothetical.

Is the backrower Cooke(?) for Terenure a 5th or 6th year?

Is the backrower Cooke(?) for Terenure a 5th or 6th year?

5th i think

5th i think

Looks a good player

Looks a good player

was in ireland schools side at christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

des berry name checked David Ryan, Scott Penny and Ryan Baird on twitter.
    Thought you left twitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

Thought you left twitter?

Mr O’Leary hasn’t left twitter just has set up shop on another page that pretends to oppose the page he once ran

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Marcdunne

Really looking forward to st Fintans vs st Gerard’s..Gerard’s are looking very strong with a lot of strength and depth but can Fintans defy all odds and cause an upset?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Any opinions on Blackrock vs Castleknock tomorrow? Some people on this thread seem to back Castleknock as slight dark horses but personally I can't see it. Knock haven't beaten a top 6 this year and lost quite badly on one or two occasions to League opposition.

Rugbyf565 wrote: »
    Any opinions on Blackrock vs Castleknock tomorrow? Some people on this thread seem to back Castleknock as slight dark horses but personally I can't see it. Knock haven't beaten a top 6 this year and lost quite badly on one or two occasions to League opposition.

My options just that it's cup rugby and anything can happen. I'd take rock to win but I wouldn't be overly surprised to see a knock win

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭6elieve

Rugbyf565 wrote: »

Rock will thrash them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

My options just that it's cup rugby and anything can happen. I'd take rock to win but I wouldn't be overly surprised to see a knock win

I'm sorry but it would be a massive surprise to see knock beat Rock tomorrow. I know their analyst and follow their results and they don't have the body of work behind them to suggest they will topple Rock.

Trouble them? Perhaps...This is Knock's final so they should be hugely up for it. Beat them...Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Bacliner

GavMan wrote: »
    I'm sorry but it would be a massive surprise to see knock beat Rock tomorrow. I know their analyst and follow their results and they don't have the body of work behind them to suggest they will topple Rock.

Trouble them? Perhaps...This is Knock's final so they should be hugely up for it. Beat them...Nope.

Who’s their analyst then?

Bacliner wrote: »
    Who’s their analyst then?

Mike Aughey

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rugbyfan266

explains cup performance but not lack of academy prospects or ireland underage players.

adam lagrue, sam dardis both prospects in the coming years

adam lagrue, sam dardis both prospects in the coming years

past 5 years very little in terms of prospects...

dardis best hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Ally Bren 92

Who impressed from today's game?

• Advertisement

blackrock should win well enough today... might be close until half time though

starters returning next season for Terenure:

Levi Vaughan(LH Prop)
    Sam McCoy(TH Prop)
    Aaron Deegan(Second Row)
    Jack Townsend(Backrow)
    Jack Cooke(Backrow)
    George Morgan(Scrumhalf)

Plus Ross McInnes(Centre) who was missing yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Not surprised by yesterdays results. Michaels are essentially a Leinster sub sub-academy. I dont think Terenure are really that bothered by cup rugby anymore.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Not surprised by yesterdays results. Michaels are essentially a Leinster sub sub-academy. I dont think Terenure are really that bothered by cup rugby anymore.

why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

why not?

Im not sure. I think GAA has come on a lot in the school and taken from numbers players rugby. It was never mandetory to play rugby in Terenure so the GAA thing puts more pressure on. Plus I dont think the principal in the school currently has a huge interest in it-which is reflected in the very small numbers that actually go to games from the school. Back in the day huge numbers would turn up and support. Not so much these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Im not sure. I think GAA has come on a lot in the school and taken from numbers players rugby. It was never mandetory to play rugby in Terenure so the GAA thing puts more pressure on. Plus I dont think the principal in the school currently has a huge interest in it-which is reflected in the very small numbers that actually go to games from the school. Back in the day huge numbers would turn up and support. Not so much these days.

Eanna loves rugby, and it is (or was) mandatory to play rugby in 1st and 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭THFC198

Would love if anyone at the game today could update similarly to what was done for the first two games

Blackrock: S Madigan; L McMahon, L Turner (capt), T Maher, H Donnelly; J Tarrant, R Barron; D Mescal, S Molony, T Clarkson, S O’Brien, J Stapleton, J Burke, J Dixon, M McGagh.

Castleknock: B Culliton; D Turley, M Gerhardt, J McGaley (capt), L McMenamin; C Egenton, C Neville; S Picard, E Chester, S Callinan, M Mellet, C O’Flynn, C McCarrick, A Corcoran, C Clancy

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭RugbyRugby2016

Does anyone know if, other than Ed Brennan are there any other Blackrock players missing through injury?

Is Gavin Jones back from injury and just not selected?

Rory Madigan is a late change in for Liam McMahon.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if, other than Ed Brennan are there any other Blackrock players missing through injury?

Is Gavin Jones back from injury and just not selected?

Brennan is anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Rock 5 - 0 after 3 min!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Union123

Updates on today's game would be appreciated again if anyone can

TRY: Blackrock Col by unidentifiable person from a maul, Stephen Madigan converts for 7-0 in the 4th minute.

Knock penalty 5-3

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sudolife

5-3 Rock

Rock try, 10-3

Rock straight back up for a try! Missed conversion. 10-3

another try for Rock this time off a 5m scrum. Another conversion goes wide making it BC 10-3 CC after 13m

• Advertisement

No 4 with another rock try, 17-3

And another one! This doesn’t look good for Knock! 17-3 after 15

Rock number 4 under the posts for try number 3 BC 17-3 CC 14m gone

Try Castleknock a kind of quarterback sneak jumping over the ruck to get in down...the conversion was good leaving it a tantalising 17-10 to Rock at half time

17-17
    All castleknock atm

20-20
    47 gone

• Advertisement

Rock try,
    27-20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

37-20 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

46-20 full time score

BDJW wrote: »
    46-20 full time score

Put on serious after burners in the last 25mins by the looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Noscrumnowin

Rock burst into the game then knock shook them but instinct kicked in and they just cruised away, motm imo Mcgagh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement