Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools Rugby 2017 2018 Thread SEE MOD WARNING POST #1773

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Marys Nure game now moved to Wed 7th March 15.00 kick off.

Are senior cup games gonna be moved to a different date?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sudolife

Belvedere team named, not sure the exact lineup but Changes at 9,10 and 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Not sure, just got a text to say there was a date change to the Marys Nure game, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Not sure, just got a text to say there was a date change to the Marys Nure game, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cowboy848

Sudolife wrote: »

Belvo have a fantastic record against Michaels in the Cup. I think Michaels are slight favourites still. Should be tight.

Is that Belvo full team back now? If so they’ve timed it nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

Nah pressume will stay 3 kick off pretty much straight after. As have to stick to TV schedule.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Cowboy848 wrote: »
    Belvo have a fantastic record against Michaels in the Cup. I think Michaels are slight favourites still. Should be tight.

Is that Belvo full team back now? If so they’ve timed it nicely.

of course it will be tight its a semi final.

Hawkshaw may get back but no way will he be 100%, not sure who else will make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭6elieve

would presume 2 of the changes are lysaght and meagher in.
    Other change is probably either O'Grady or Hawkshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

Inst v Armagh semi moved to Wed next

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

irishfan9 wrote: »

Hawkshaw may get back but no way will he be 100%, not sure who else will make it.

Sam Barry has been very unlucky the last year having missed all of Cup last year apart from the final and the entire summer and Cup to date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cowboy848

6elieve wrote: »
    would presume 2 of the changes are lysaght and meagher in.
    Other change is probably either O'Grady or Hawkshaw.

Positions?

Is that their full team back now?

How many players back since Belvo first round selection?

Cowboy848 wrote: »
    Positions?

Is that their full team back now?

How many players back since Belvo first round selection?

Lysaght 9, Meagher 10

Im only suggesting these as a poster said the changes to the backline were at 9,10,12

meagher and lysaght were on the bench last round and seemed to make a difference when they came on hence why i think theyll be promoted to starters.

assume its Lysaght, Meagher and Hawkshaw.

irishfan9 wrote: »

Heard from an acquaintance of hawkshaw and player of last years belvo starting team that there's no way he's back for the rest of the duration of Cup.

Maybe the change at 12 could be Harry beggy ?

Very Unlikely but I know that was his position for the second XV last year , so wouldn’t be THAT big a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Rala_ wrote: »
    Heard from an acquaintance of hawkshaw and player of last years belvo starting team that there's no way he's back for the rest of the duration of Cup.

A dislocation is the sort of thing that not too long ago would have been a play on injury if it could be popped back in but these days it can be a lot longer so it wouldn't surprise me if he were out for the remainder of the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sudolife

Belvedere vs St Michaels moved to Wednesday, 7th March. KO TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Purist98

Belvedere vs St Michaels moved to Wednesday, 7th March. KO TBC

Surely not? Marys Nure in the Js is already on at 3 in Donnybrook the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Purist98

Purist98 wrote: »
    Surely not? Marys Nure in the Js is already on at 3 in Donnybrook the same day

I was wrong, Js game moved to 12, Michaels Belvo at 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Heymans wrote: »
    It’s a shame there won’t be any more of that childhood rivalry/friendship continuously developed between the 2 schools from a young age. It nurtured a real sense from a young of self improvement vs your rival school for me and really advances player development at a young age. That’s not to say players who only start playing at senior school can’t catch up it’s just players who play in junior school level bleed the school colors. Playing beside the campanile and dome in Rathmines on the front pitch is a cherished memory from my youth and it is a shame none of the players in purple black and white of Terenure will never get the chance to do it again.

So who do St Marys play against at junior school level now? Willow Park and St Michaels? Anyone else now that Belvedere, Gonzaga, and Terenure have closed their junior schools?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

clsmooth wrote: »
    So who do St Marys play against at junior school level now? Willow Park and St Michaels? Anyone else now that Belvedere, Gonzaga, and Terenure have closed their junior schools?
    loads of schools. Gerards Bray. Scoil Ide in Limerick. CBC and PBC Cork junior schools. Probably a good few others as well. Their 6th class sides could end up playing some more games against the weaker 1st year sides of many secondary schools like the 1st year Cs/Ds as many would be about same age in many cases or at max a year older

Louis O’Reilly , Liam MacMahon , Ed Brennan , Donnacha Meschall all starting for Rock on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

Louis O’Reilly , Liam MacMahon , Ed Brennan , Donnacha Meschall all starting for Rock on Tuesday

Where’s McMahon starting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Ally Bren 92

6-magagh
    7-james Burke
    8-Brennan
    ???

MDunne14 wrote: »
    Where’s McMahon starting?

6-magagh
    7-james Burke
    8-Brennan
    ???

6 Dixon
    7 McGagh
    8 Brennan

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Babygotback

Still no Giuseppe Coyne

Still no Giuseppe Coyne

The fact he’s in college may be why

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Rugby123innow

Hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Ally Bren 92

So he won’t be playin on Tuesday for definite?

Bank of Ireland Schools Senior Cup semi-finals

Tuesday, 6th March

St Mary’s College v Blackrock College (Donnybrook, KO 3pm)

Wednesday, 7th March

St Michael’s College v Belvedere College (Donnybrook, KO 3pm)

Bank of Ireland Leinster Schools Junior Cup quarter-finals

Tuesday, 6th March

Castleknock College v CBC Monkstown (Donnybrook, 12pm)

Wednesday, 7th March

St Mary’s College v Terenure College (Donnybrook, 12pm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

This weather has really caused a logistical problem. Why have they not put two of the games on Thursday and Friday? Could have moved the senior games to Thursday and Friday to give the junior winners a break until next week. They could even, given the unforeseen circumstances of the postponements, arrange that the junior semis are not an open draw and have the two winners this week play and the two last week play so no one is at a disadvantage due to weather

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Cody OHare

The SCT final is on 18th March. If they moved out the SF to the end of the week it would only give the teams 9 days to the Final. If there was draw in the SF it would mean having to have a replay in that time frame. Given the physical tool these kids take, it would be unfair for the team from that SF.

Cody OHare wrote: »
    The SCT final is on 18th March. If they moved out the SF to the end of the week it would only give the teams 9 days to the Final. If there was draw in the SF it would mean having to have a replay in that time frame. Given the physical tool these kids take, it would be unfair for the team from that SF.
    9 days to final is no big deal. You wouldnt have to have a replay as you could go to the ruling that decides tied semi finals - most tries, first try etc

9 days to final is no big deal. You wouldnt have to have a replay as you could go to the ruling that decides tied semi finals - most tries, first try etc
    No one is going to change the rules part way through the competition.

Also having seen a team loose to try count in a cub final a couple of years ago, it is very unsatisfactory.

• Advertisement

Also having seen a team lose to try count in a cub final a couple of years ago, it is very unsatisfactory.
    I have won and lost semis and finals on most tries/first tries ruling. It is only used when it has to be. It is very unlikely to come down to it.
    Do you know the rules for competition and there can be allowances made for issues like this? As the competition regs dont appear on the leinster website for some reason...

Also having seen a team lose to try count in a cub final a couple of years ago, it is very unsatisfactory.
    I have won and lost semis and finals on most tries/first tries ruling. It is only used when it has to be. It is very unlikely to come down to it.
    Do you know the rules for competition and there can be allowances made for issues like this? As the competition regs dont appear on the leinster website for some reason...
    No, I have no access to comp regs. However in 2016 Belvedere and Blackrock played a replay in the QF's. In 2015 Newbridge and Roscrea played a replay in the SF.

And what happens if one of the two junior games is a tie? The semis must be next week? It just seems fairest to me that Rock play Belvo and whatever the various outcomes from this weeks two games Nure/Mary's play Roscrea/Knock

No, I have no access to comp regs. However in 2016 Belvedere and Blackrock played a replay in the QF's. In 2015 Newbridge and Roscrea played a replay in the SF.
    Their normally is replays yes but if it meant having to play semi final too close to final then they could certainly play the most tries, first try ruling. Unlikely but could happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Their normally is replays yes but if it meant having to play semi final too close to final then they could certainly play the most tries, first try ruling. Unlikely but could happen

If rules were to be changed half way through the comp and a school was to go out on trys scored or the like you could be sure there would be a massive Legal challenge.

Past Pupil/Parents who are Solicitors /Barristers would be all over it. Would actually expect one of the most Experienced Legal teams in Irish History to be assembled.

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    And what happens if one of the two junior games is a tie? The semis must be next week? It just seems fairest to me that Rock play Belvo and whatever the various outcomes from this weeks two games Nure/Mary's play Roscrea/Knock
    If one of the JCT QF or SF matches is a tie I think it should be replayed (I understand The Lost Sheep has a different view) Whether you move the SCT to later this week doesn't affect that concern.
    The advantage the JCT has is that the Junior Final is easier to move in the calendar. Its not televised.

If one of the JCT QF or SF matches is a tie I think it should be replayed (I understand The Lost Sheep has a different view) Whether you move the SCT to later this week doesn't affect that concern.
    The advantage the JCT has is that the Junior Final is easier to move in the calendar. Its not televised.

Replay is the best route I feel too but if the semi are scheduled for next week where does the game get played? Does the whole comp just shift forward a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

Ronney wrote: »
    If rules were to be changed half way through the comp and a school was to go out on trys scored or the like you could be sure there would be a massive Legal challenge.

Past Pupil/Parents who are Solicitors /Barristers would be all over it. Would actually expect one of the most Experienced Legal teams in Irish History to be assembled.
    Thats kind of pathetic that past pupils with no connection to team bar having attended school would get involved and it wouldnt necessarily be a change in regulations as we dont actually no circumstances here.
    If there is time for replay yes play a replay but otherwise you go to ruling that decides winner of replay.

Anyway in rugby news Glenstal lead Comp 20-7 in Munster semi in the markets field at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

You're not allowed to change competition rules midway through so if the rules say it goes to a replay at the start of the competition it has to go to a replay no matter the inconvenience

• Registered Users Posts: 2 concfc55

I’m new to the schools rugby scene so was looking at a few past forums and saw a number of people saying Harrison Brewer is the best player they’ve ever seen at Junior Level. Would Chris Cosgrave from last year be better than him in people’s eyes? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Maulcair

Rumour has it, Josh Dixon pulled his hamstring this afternoon with Robert Doody coming in to take his place in the back row. Heard this off one of my sources may not be completely true..

concfc55 wrote: »
    I’m new to the schools rugby scene so was looking at a few past forums and saw a number of people saying Harrison Brewer is the best player they’ve ever seen at Junior Level. Would Chris Cosgrave from last year be better than him in people’s eyes? Thanks
    It doesnt matter and the kid doesnt need the comparison. Brewer was good at schools level and is playing pro at home in NZ. Brewer suffered from ridiculous over hype and that didnt help his game along with move to centre which didnt completely work out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Maulcair wrote: »
    Rumour has it, Josh Dixon pulled his hamstring this afternoon with Robert Doody coming in to take his place in the back row. Heard this off one of my sources may not be completely true..

Is Robert Doody any good? Did he play junior cup level?

Is Robert Doody any good? Did he play junior cup level?

Started 12 at Junior Cup I believe in 2015. Would imagine there are better players at disposal but would have to confirm.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement