Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools Rugby 2017 2018 Thread SEE MOD WARNING POST #1773

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Maulcair

Rala_ wrote: »
    Started 12 at Junior Cup I believe in 2015. Would imagine there are better players at disposal but would have to confirm.

Different player altogether since then. He has been injured the majority of the year with a bad knee. Apparently has bulked up a lot while still maintaining the speed and agility from his Junior Cup days. Once again just a passing rumour not confirmed..

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

It doesnt matter and the kid doesnt need the comparison. Brewer was good at schools level and is playing pro at home in NZ. Brewer suffered from ridiculous over hype and that didnt help his game along with move to centre which didnt completely work out

Brewer playing for nure In ail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

MDunne14 wrote: »
    Brewer playing for nure In ail

Also playing for Manawatu in New Zealand in the Mitre 10 cup during the summer and early parts of the season here depending how well they do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

any predictions for today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Rock by 5 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

irishfan9 wrote: »
    any predictions for today?
    Marys to give rock a scare, but rock to pull away in the last 10 mins. Rock by 2 scores

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

Think Maro's will be victorious today, play with a lot of heart and a bigger set of cajones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Expect Mary’s to be winning 24-7 at half time, then rock will win the game 26-24 IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Route1 wrote: »
    Think Maro's will be victorious today, play with a lot of heart and a bigger set of cajones.

So they have a bigger box!!!!! I think you may find it’s cojones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

ArielAtom wrote: »
    So they have a bigger box!!!!! I think you may find it’s cojones.

You're absolutely right.

Stephen Madigan; Liam McMahon, Liam Turner (capt), Tom Maher, Harry Donnelly; James Tarrant, Louis O’Reilly; Donnacha Mescal, Sean Molony, Thomas Clarkson, Sean O’Brien, Jack Stapleton, Josh Dixon, Michael McGagh, Ed Brennan.

Ruairi Shields; Hugo Conway, Ben McDonnell, Timothy MacMahon, Eoin Carey; Sean Bourke, Adam McEvoy; Sean O’Reilly, Gavin O’Brien, Conor McElearney, Sean Heeran, Ian Wickham, Oscar Byrne, Harry McSweeney (capt), Niall Hurley.

Castleknock defeated CBC Monkstown 30-7 in JCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭RugbyRugby2016

Stephen Madigan; Liam McMahon, Liam Turner (capt), Tom Maher, Harry Donnelly; James Tarrant, Louis O’Reilly; Donnacha Mescal, Sean Molony, Thomas Clarkson, Sean O’Brien, Jack Stapleton, Josh Dixon, Michael McGagh, Ed Brennan.

Ruairi Shields; Hugo Conway, Ben McDonnell, Timothy MacMahon, Eoin Carey; Sean Bourke, Adam McEvoy; Sean O’Reilly, Gavin O’Brien, Conor McElearney, Sean Heeran, Ian Wickham, Oscar Byrne, Harry McSweeney (capt), Niall Hurley.

Thanks for that. Any chance you have details of the Blackrock bench?

Campbell lead Methody 10-3 at half time.

Rock lead marys 5-0.

15-3 to Rock

• Advertisement

Men against boys here at donnybrook.

No surprise...

CCB 17-5 MCB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

22-3 to Blackrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

27-3 at half time

• Advertisement

Wow. Is the score line a fair reflection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Garbally beat Sligo Grammar 57-0 in Connacht senior semi played in Ballinasloe

Jes and Marist Athlone in other semi tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Rock 42-15 Mary’s final score

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

CCB deserved it tbf.

MCB too light and panicked when under p.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

What's the Belvo team for tomorrow?

If I was leinster I’d be taking madigan into the sub academy and not shields , shields wouldn’t tackle a cold , decent with the ball but very greedy also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

If I was leinster I’d be taking madigan into the sub academy also
    He is fearless, you won’t pass him.

Both madigan and shields have a lot to do before they'd get sub academy offers..

Both madigan and shields have a lot to do before they'd get sub academy offers..

Not true leinster hand out sub academy places , 1 of the two will be added in the summer

Not true leinster hand out sub academy places , 1 of the two will be added in the summer

Leinster 20 trials, leinster 20 training to go before most sub academy places are filled..

Neither madigan or shields are big enough prospects to be offered sub deals straight out of school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Fox90

There is a lot of competition for sub academy especially in the back three. By no means a two horse race between them

Garbally beat Sligo Grammar 57-0 in Connacht senior semi played in Ballinasloe

Jes and Marist Athlone in other semi tomorrow

Would of been interesting to see garbally go up against a few Leinster schools , they are by far the most dominating side I’ve seen come out of connacht since henshaws Marist team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Would of been interesting to see garbally go up against a few Leinster schools, they are by far the most dominating side I’ve seen come out of connacht since henshaws Marist team
    I think they'd struggle. Garbally especially since it closed its boarders wouldnt be huge in terms of rugby numbers. Its still has 500 odd pupils but wouldnt have depth to compete with most of the top leinster schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Redpill

Leinster 20 trials, leinster 20 training to go before most sub academy places are filled..

Neither madigan or shields are big enough prospects to be offered sub deals straight out of school.
    Fox90 wrote: »
    There is a lot of competition for sub academy especially in the back three. By no means a two horse race between them

The two best back three prospects on the pitch were both playing in the centre for Blackrock.

I think they'd struggle. Garbally especially since it closed its boarders wouldnt be huge in terms of rugby numbers. Its still has 500 odd pupils but wouldnt have depth to compete with most of the top leinster schools.

Whilst I would agree on this for the majority of the years this years garbally team is absolutely ridiculous , 11 connacht reps would imo match gerards,newbridge , Mary’s , roscrea etc

Is Hawkshaw playing tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

I really think Rock will come together for Cup. Should be a really exciting fixture if they play Michaels but I think they'll have an edge. Props have brought their game up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43306961
    Highlights from the ulster semi yesterday next on etoday. Shame they dont stream it live if they are there recording anyway.

Michaels: Chris Cosgrave; Mark O’Brien, David Ryan (capt), Jay Barron, Andrew Smith; David Moran, Rob Gilsenan; Jack Boyle, Lee Barron, Chris Hennessy, Matthew Healy, Ryan Baird, Jody Booth, Scott Penny, Dan O’Donovan.

Belvo: David Lacey; Alex O’Grady, Matthew Grogan, Cailean Mulvaney, Alistair Loughrey; John Meagher, Patrick Lysaght; James Gleeson, Luke Harmon, Conor Cagney, Neil Howard, James Murphy, Gerard Hill, Aaron Coleman, Ruadhan Byron (capt).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Just to remind posters, new and old, of the very strict rules and mod warnings in this thread. Any messing from here on will be met with an instant ban until after schools cup finals are over. No exceptions. You have all been warned.

Do Belvo have a chance?

Do Belvo have a chance?

Of course they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Do Belvo have a chance?
    Of course they do.

I guess that's what makes schools cup rugby so attractive?

Having said that, if both teams play to the same standard that they have to date in the cup, then I fancy Michael's to win!

Do Belvo have a chance?

Of course they do.

Even with the players missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Michaels: Chris Cosgrave; Mark O’Brien, David Ryan (capt), Jay Barron, Andrew Smith; David Moran, Rob Gilsenan; Jack Boyle, Lee Barron, Chris Hennessy, Matthew Healy, Ryan Baird, Jody Booth, Scott Penny, Dan O’Donovan.

Belvo: David Lacey; Alex O’Grady, Matthew Grogan, Cailean Mulvaney, Alistair Loughrey; John Meagher, Patrick Lysaght; James Gleeson, Luke Harmon, Conor Cagney, Neil Howard, James Murphy, Gerard Hill, Aaron Coleman, Ruadhan Byron (capt).

Which of the players on show today would be most likely to get an academy spot in the next couple of years?

• Advertisement

mogwai81 wrote: »
    Which of the players on show today would be most likely to get an academy spot in the next couple of years?

Highest chance as follows Ryan Baird , Scott penny, Chris cosgrave, David Ryan, Dan odonavan,r Byron

Even with the players missing?

Yes, it's not going to be a walkover. Although Michaels should win.

Baird and Penny are two players who look very likely to get academy places.

While Byron, O'Donovan and Ryan have a chance of the remaining 6th years.

Below that it's very early to say.

who are Belvo are missing?

Hawkshaw, Beggy, O'Grady, Barry, Soroka?

Baird and Penny are two players who look very likely to get academy places.

While Byron, O'Donovan and Ryan have a chance of the remaining 6th years.

Below that it's very early to say.

I know Hawkshaw isn't playing but he should make the academy right?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement