Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools Rugby 2017 2018 Thread SEE MOD WARNING POST #1773

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

Maulcair wrote: »
    Rumour has it Giuseppe Coyne is back for final. Great prospect.

Troll account, *please ignore*. Same guy who said Robert Doody would be starting flanker yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Straw Hats

Amazing finish. The cup finally delivers a classic match. Hard luck Michaels. The yellow card was incorrect. He clearly tried to flick the ball back not forward. Might have contributed to tiredness at the end.
    Belvo-Rock again. Very hard to call.
    Is there a better full back than Lacey??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭6elieve

Rala_ wrote: »
    No. You're missing the point.

Biggest spoofer on here

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

6elieve wrote: »
    Mary’s beat Belvo, Zaga, PBC Cork in preseason, narrow losses to michaels and Terenure. Lost to CBC cork 24-20. Apart from that beat everyone else.

Too good of a side for the league
    Beat Pres Bray one of the better league sides 31 0 a month or two ago, the gulf in class was alarming. They’d walk the league every season

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭6elieve

You’ve a hundred posts on this thread in 3 weeks and not once have people agreed with you .

Might aswell say Gonzaga being good at chess was the reason for them making the semis last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

This thread won't last the night. Was fun while it lasted

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Babygotback

Is it though? 2015-SCT Roscrea- numerous GAA players JCT Blackrock- 3/4 minor county players -Mark Grogan
    2016-SCT Belvo few gaa players JCT Blackrock 2/3 good gaa players- Comerford
    2017-SCT Belvo good gaa players again- Hugh O'Sullivan
    2018- SCT potentially Belvo, again minor players on the team Hawkshaw and Lacey and more.
    Realistically teams with more gaa players have a higher chance of winning, don't be so ignorant.

Phil Werahiko stated in the press conference just now that he’s going to field the St Vincent’s minor hurling team in the final on the back of your stellar insight.

Tell me once and for all........

Is Giuseppe Coyne back for the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Monsters

I agree, stmc have a huge pack with forwards like Scott Penny and Ryan Baird and with a magnificent backline with the likes of Chris Cosgrave, David Ryan and Mark O’Brien, Michaels seem too strong for all these teams in the competition, which is why they play internationally against teams from New Zealand and England etc

Too strong for everyone in Ireland once again this year STMC

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Ally Bren 92

Leinster rugby should have it in group stages to avoid fluke wins the way like Belvo did today.st michaels were clearly the best team today imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Leinster rugby should have it in group stages to avoid fluke wins the way like Belvo did today.st michaels were clearly the best team today imo

And do away with the VERY concept of a CUP competition .

You’re clutching at straws now pal

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Union123

Tell me once and for all........

Is Giuseppe Coyne back for the final?

He's back training this week so he should get the all clear for Sunday

Union123 wrote: »
    He's back training this week so he should get the all clear for Sunday

He would be some player to bring back and add even greater dept to their front row

Have belvo’s seniors even lost a game on donnybrooks 4G?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Right, after several infractions, bans and numerous posts deleted, it seems no one here can read. Thread closed. Anyone starting a new thread will be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Biglad12345

Predictions for Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Cody OHare

Hopefully some good weather and light winds and lets have a cracking game. Not sure why the game is on at 2pm rather than the normal 3pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Connacht senior A and Development finals today in sportsground at 12 and 4 with junior a final at 2

Garbally Jes in senior, galbally Marist in junior and pres headford gortnor Abbey in senior development

Never mind the senior final. How will the Junior final go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Never mind the senior final. How will the Junior final go?

rock will beat marys.

Massive pack-play low error rugby.

If Marys can up the tempo and move the ball around they might make things difficult but hard to see past a rock win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It is ridiculous to have the match at 2pm on Friday. It should be on Saturday or Sunday. If it is completely necessary to have it on Friday, then it should be a late afternoon kick off to let people get out of work for it

BDJW wrote: »
    It is ridiculous to have the match at 2pm on Friday. It should be on Saturday or Sunday. If it is completely necessary to have it on Friday, then it should be a late afternoon kick off to let people get out of work for it

It is a schools tournament for children in school

the 2 schools involved are the ones to be accommodated not past men.

Easter holidays begin this weekend. totally understandable why it is on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Is Hawkshaw back?

Hawkshaw is back. Word is his younger brother might be making the step up from the juniors too sonce they got knocked out.

Has this happened before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Bloke called Jack O Neill did it in 2010 I think for Castleknock. Was captain of the JCT that year

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Hawkshaw is back. Word is his younger brother might be making the step up from the juniors too sonce they got knocked out.

What position does the younger brother play?

Plays 12 on the juniors but unsure where he’ll line out on friday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

cant see it myself

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Bloke called Jack O Neill did it in 2010 I think for Castleknock. Was captain of the JCT that year

that didn't happen.

played SCT in 4th year alright.

FrannoFan wrote: »
    It is a schools tournament for children in school

the 2 schools involved are the ones to be accommodated not past men.

Easter holidays begin this weekend. totally understandable why it is on Friday

And if you read my previous post properly, I said that if it was absolutely necessary to have it on the Friday, it should be a late afternoon kick off. You are saying it's a schools tournament, but what about the players? You can be sure there will be a big difference in the numbers attending the match on Friday compared to the numbers that would have attended on Sunday. You can also be sure that after all the hard work both squads have put in all year, they would have preferred the big crowd and better atmosphere

• Advertisement

far from ridiculous time. People coming from work should be of no concern to the time a schoolboys game is played.

probably has but it shouldn't. No under 16d should be able play under 19 rugby on grounds of player safety.
    And if you read my previous post properly, I said that if it was absolutely necessary to have it on the Friday, it should be a late afternoon kick off. You are saying it's a schools tournament, but what about the players? You can be sure there will be a big difference in the numbers attending the match on Friday compared to the numbers that would have attended on Sunday. You can also be sure that after all the hard work both squads have put in all year, they would have preferred the big crowd and better atmosphere
    what about the players.. the attendance will still be very big. On the Friday

far from ridiculous time. People coming from work should be of no concern to the time a schoolboys game is played.

Hardly surprising that you are on the side of the branch here.....seeing as the branch and IRFU can do no wrong in your eyes. I'd be very surprised if you don't work for them with the amount of defending you do of them
    what about the players.. the attendance will still be very big. On the Friday

It'll be nowhere near as big as it would have been compared to last Sunday

Hardly surprising that you are on the side of the branch here.....seeing as the branch and IRFU can do no wrong in your eyes. I'd be very surprised if you don't work for them with the amount of defending you do of them

It'll be nowhere near as big as it would have been compared to last Sunday
    oh nonsense. Like others have said its a competition for school kids not past pupils with no connection to a team bar having attended school especially those past pupils who are out of the school quite some time. And the union do plenty wrong and I am and have been very critical of them in many areas.

oh nonsense. Like others have said its a competition for school kids not past pupils with no connection to a team bar having attended school especially those past pupils who are out of the school quite some time. And the union do plenty wrong and I am and have been very critical of them in many areas.

I wasn’t a pupil in either of these schools. In fact, the school I went to has never even made it to a final. I can just see how ridiculous the decision to have the final of the biggest school competition rescheduled to 2pm on a Friday afternoon.

If the branch were just doing it as this is a school competition, then no cup matches should be played on Sunday’s in Donnybrook, the final should also never be on a Paddy’s Day/bank holiday weekend.

It’s also clear that the branch don’t care about the schools as they have put the senior plate final at 5pm tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

Anyone no how Leinster u19 got on today against Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Biglad12345

Anyone no how Leinster u19 got on today against Japan?

Won 38-31 I believe

Won 38-31 I believe
    Thank you.Teamsheet? Or do you know any player should involved?

I wasn’t a pupil in either of these schools. In fact, the school I went to has never even made it to a final. I can just see how ridiculous the decision to have the final of the biggest school competition rescheduled to 2pm on a Friday afternoon.

If the branch were just doing it as this is a school competition, then no cup matches should be played on Sunday’s in Donnybrook, the final should also never be on a Paddy’s Day/bank holiday weekend.

It’s also clear that the branch don’t care about the schools as they have put the senior plate final at 5pm tomorrow evening
    and you know for certain the schools havennt been consulted?

What exactly is the issue with Friday's anyway?
    And most often games like the plate are scheduled like club games. With agreement of both schools....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

and you know for certain the schools havennt been consulted?

What exactly is the issue with Friday's anyway?
    And most often games like the plate are scheduled like club games. With agreement of both schools....
    Ok, you're being a bit disingenuous here. Let's say the answer to your question above is yes and your last sentence is correct. But they could also have been given a hobson's choice of dates and chose the best of bad options.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/imakeida/status/976186312184205313?s=19

Leinster u19 squad pictured here, some players spotted - Ryan Baird, Fionn Finlay, Dan O'Donovan, Martin Moloney, Adam La Grue, Niall McEniff, Jay Barron, Matt Healy, Chris Hennessy,

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Purist98

Bridge93 wrote: »

Was told before that he was reserve for a game after the juniors had been knocked out, fairly sure that he didn't actually play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

irishfan9 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/imakeida/status/976186312184205313?s=19

Leinster u19 squad pictured here, some players spotted - Ryan Baird, Fionn Finlay, Dan O'Donovan, Martin Moloney, Adam La Grue, Niall McEniff, Jay Barron, Matt Healy, Chris Hennessy,

Adam Melia, Richie Bergin, Ruairi Shiels, Aziz Nasur and maybe James Kenny there too. Can't see Baird or McEniff there though.
    Ps please ignore spelling its been a long day :D

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Adam Melia, Richie Bergin, Ruairi Shiels, Aziz Nasur and maybe James Kenny there too. Can't see Baird or McEniff there though.
    Ps please ignore spelling its been a long day :D

You are right got Baird mixed up with some1 else same for mceniff

Giuseppe Coyne is there, he was getting game time before the SCT final on friday.

Presume anyone in that team wont be playing for ireland u19 on sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Probably not but may play the second Ireland game

Rob Russell, Conrad Daly and Conor Kelly also there, so is the Zaga centre

Would any of them have made Ireland u19..?

Would any of them have made Ireland u19..?

Would've expected Dan O'Donovan to make it

Purist98 wrote: »
    Would've expected Dan O'Donovan to make it

Not necessarily.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement