Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending voting forms to country council

Options
  • 11-07-2017 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

I live in Blackrock and have had my voting forms filled and stamped by the Gardai and now the only thing I need to do is send it to DLR county council.

Does anyone know the address and how exactly it works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What kind of 'voting forms' are you talking about?

If this relates to the register of electors (the register of people who can vote in local and parliamentary elections) then this is the address..

Franchise Section,
    Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council,
    Dundrum Office Park,
    off Main Street,
    Dundrum,
    Dublin 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

coylemj wrote: »
    What kind of 'voting forms' are you talking about?

If this relates to the register of electors (the register of people who can vote in local and parliamentary elections) then this is the address..

Franchise Section,
    Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council,
    Dundrum Office Park,
    off Main Street,
    Dundrum,
    Dublin 14

I got the RFA2 form filled in to vote in all elections. I'm Irish and recently turned 18. Do I send it to the DLR in Merlin Park or the address that you listed?

jeanjolie wrote: »
    I got the RFA2 form filled in to vote in all elections. I'm Irish and recently turned 18. Do I send it to the DLR in Merlin Park or the address that you listed?

Ever hear of Google?

I searched for 'dlr rfa2' and this webpage was at the top of the hitlist ....

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/council-democracy/register-electors

coylemj wrote: »
    Ever hear of Google?

I searched for 'dlr rfa2' and this webpage was at the top of the hitlist ....

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/council-democracy/register-electors

Thanks but now that I have the RFA2 form completed, do I also need to get another form RFA form filled?

Sorry for all the questions this just seems a bit confusing. I want to register myself only but I'm not sure if I should fill the RFA form as well.

jeanjolie wrote: »
    Thanks but now that I have the RFA2 form completed, do I also need to get another form RFA form filled?

Sorry for all the questions this just seems a bit confusing. I want to register myself only but I'm not sure if I should fill the RFA form as well.

Just post off that RFA2 form and see what happens, you can check the online register in a few weeks. There isn't going to be any elections or referendums in the second half of 2017 so I wouldn't be worrying too much about it.

• Advertisement

Okay, so it's been about a week and a half after sending them and have heard nothing from them :confused:

Do I call them or email them on the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They leave the register open for updating until February and from experience you wont get an individual response from the Council as there as thousands of updates each year. Just check for your own updated details online for the next few months and if not, follow up with them then

Advertisement