Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile disgrace

Options
  • 11-07-2017 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Been trying to get existing number ported to eir since 8 June. Numerous calls and web chats with eir,, passed from one rep to another and have been put on hold and hung up on now. Supposed to have got a home phone mobile tv and broadband bundle on 8 June and have nothing at all. Absolute disgrace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi bobby14,

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have replied to you on another thread.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Marinjohn45

bobby14 wrote: »
    Been trying to get existing number ported to eir since 8 June. Numerous calls and web chats with eir,, passed from one rep to another and have been put on hold and hung up on now. Supposed to have got a home phone mobile tv and broadband bundle on 8 June and have nothing at all. Absolute disgrace
    Yes they sure do give you the runaround, I experienced what I have to say is the worst customer service imaginable after being sold Meteor credit instead of the requested Eir credit in an Eir shop...I just gave up and changed to Tesco mobile ....Never again will I deal with Eir/Meteor...

Hi Marinjohn45,

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way and your experience with this.

Unfortunately, when purchasing credit is is the customer's responsibility to ensure this is correct before leaving the store as this is a non-refundable product and would be to the discretion of the store if they are willing to refund this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I was supposed to get broadband tv and phone around that time too and only have phone... and Eir trying to charge me almost the full bundle price and telling me that's acceptable.

Judging from the amount of complaints only here on boards.ie I can only imagine they are doing this to hundreds or thousands of people. This really needs to be taken further as Eir are mass-scamming people with fake dates to get them into contracts.

Absolute disgrace indeed.

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Marinjohn45,

Unfortunately, when purchasing credit is is the customer's responsibility to ensure this is correct before leaving the store as this is a non-refundable product and would be to the discretion of the store if they are willing to refund this.

Thanks,
    Anna
    You're really not doing Eir any favours with replies like this. Eir staff gave wrong credit and you're actually trying to put blame on the customer because they assumed the staff working in the shop were competent.

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    I was supposed to get broadband tv and phone around that time too and only have phone... and Eir trying to charge me almost the full bundle price and telling me that's acceptable.

Judging from the amount of complaints only here on boards.ie I can only imagine they are doing this to hundreds or thousands of people. This really needs to be taken further as Eir are mass-scamming people with fake dates to get them into contracts.

I understand your frustration and we will do all that we can to help you here, however, I would advise that if you continue to spam and comment under other customers posts then you may be blocked from the page by our spam filter. We don't want this to happen as we want to resolve your issue

Thanks,
    Anna

I understand your frustration and we will do all that we can to help you here, however, I would advise that if you continue to spam and comment under other customers posts then you may be blocked from the page by our spam filter. We don't want this to happen as we want to resolve your issue

Thanks,
    Anna
    Thanks for letting me know, I didn't know a spam filter existed. Perhaps the forum should only let the OP and Eir reps reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Eir customer service staff take great pleasure in passing your call from one operator to the next until you either eventually give up or threaten to make a complaint. I have never experienced such abysmal customer service in my life. It's a shame because their product once you finally manage to get it up an running is really very good.

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Eir customer service staff take great pleasure in passing your call from one operator to the next until you either eventually give up or threaten to make a complaint. I have never experienced such abysmal customer service in my life. It's a shame because their product once you finally manage to get it up an running is really very good.
    Hi Nomis21,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is there anything I can assist you with?

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks,
    Anna
    Thanks for letting me know, I didn't know a spam filter existed. Perhaps the forum should only let the OP and Eir reps reply?
    We will relay your feedback to the relevant department.

I would recommend sticking to the one thread as commenting on numerous threads may delay response time in order for us to resolve your query.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Ana you must know yourself about the working culture in the Eir call centre. If you don't then I respectfully suggest you aquaint yourself with it and see if you can find some management who will do something about it.

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Well said! you have summed it up perfectly.

Hi Marinjohn45,

Thanks,
    Anna
    You're really not doing Eir any favours with replies like this. Eir staff gave wrong credit and you're actually trying to put blame on the customer because they assumed the staff working in the shop were competent.
    Very true spix,when you go into an Eir shop and ask for Eir credit you expect to get what you asked for..That was bad enough but it was the debacle afterwards with so called customer service/eir shops  that peeved me off.

Advertisement