Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Options..

Options
  • 11-07-2017 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi, sorry if this has been asked but search wasn't giving me anything...

i have HKC 812 with GSM-P card installed... I got a text yesterday from it saying 'Mains OK panel' grand that's normal,there was a powercut in area,
    my question is should i have got a text saying 'mains panel fault' or similar at the time the power went?? i am fairly certain i used to get this message before at time iv'e cut power to the house..can anyone point me in the right direction,maybe power wasn't gone long enough...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Hi, sorry if this has been asked but search wasn't giving me anything...

i have HKC 812 with GSM-P card installed... I got a text yesterday from it saying 'Mains OK panel' grand that's normal,there was a powercut in area,
    my question is should i have got a text saying 'mains panel fault' or similar at the time the power went?? i am fairly certain i used to get this message before at time iv'e cut power to the house..can anyone point me in the right direction,maybe power wasn't gone long enough...

If the system has been set up to send texts for system faults then you should of got a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

altor wrote: »
    If the system has been set up to send texts for system faults then you should of got a text.

ok i'll check the options now...so it should be immediate..

ok i'll check the options now...so it should be immediate..

Self monitoring using text should not have a delay.

under text phone options the rep sys,rep tech is selected to yes...

under text phone options the rep sys,rep tech is selected to yes...

Rep sys is the system faults.

• Advertisement

ok thats selected to yes and same thing is happening,if i kill power i dont get a message but restoring it i do..

ok thats selected to yes and same thing is happening,if i kill power i dont get a message but restoring it i do..

Strange, thought the 8/12 would send a mains fault also as its a system fault.

Strange, thought the 8/12 would send a mains fault also as its a system fault.

I can almost 100% say i used to get that message mains fault when there was a powercut....

I can almost 100% say i used to get that message mains fault when there was a powercut....

I would of thought that too. Only other thing you could do is down power both units, mains and battery and power back up and see if you receive one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check the mains fault delay in Timers>Misc Timers>Mains Flt Dly.
    I know that central station monitoring follows this timer.

• Advertisement

iv'e downpowered the lot,got 'remote user fail' now i got 'panel communications fail' texts now when i try to interact

yes under timers it was set to 55

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Set it to 1 minute & I'd say you will get the text once the mains if off for longer than that.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Set it to 1 minute & I'd say you will get the text once the mains if off for longer than that.

cheers,i'll try that once i can get rid of 'panel communications fail' when i txt it,,,does it take a while to resync after power off...

cheers,i'll try that once i can get rid of 'panel communications fail' when i txt it,,,does it take a while to resync after power off...

GSM should reconnect once it connects to the network.

GSM should reconnect once it connects to the network.

still no luck,i'll reboot again and wait

still no luck,i'll reboot again and wait

Check the connections if your getting a communication fail.

Once the GSM power cycles it should reconnect after a minute or 2. If not try power cycle the GSM again.

Back in action,mains system fault text appearing after the minute...thanks for all your help lads

Your welcome. That mains timer catches some people out.:)

Back in action,mains system fault text appearing after the minute...thanks for all your help lads

Brilliant, glad its all sorted.

• Advertisement

just wanted to sort it as were away a bit these days and there's power cuts recently in the area,didn't want to annoy the neighbours

just wanted to sort it as were away a bit these days and there's power cuts recently in the area,didn't want to annoy the neighbours

The back up battery in the system should be keeping the system going in the event of a power fail.
    How old is the back up battery?

there since install 2007,i'm just assuming it's going off...if the power is off ages...didn't realise the batt will back it up

there since install 2007,i'm just assuming it's going off...if the power is off ages...didn't realise the batt will back it up

Battery usually lasts 5/7 years.
    If its 10 years I replace to be on the safe side.

perfect,ill look into it...its not giving any trouble etc btw

perfect,ill look into it...its not giving any trouble etc btw

Only time you will see the trouble is when the mains is off long enough :D

Only time you will see the trouble is when the mains is off long enough :D

Hopefully I won't find out 😂

10 years is a long time for the battery. You may not get as long as you should from it in the event of a power failure. You should replace it with a 12 volt DC rechargeable battery, 7 amp.
    The panel will also give you a battery fault notification if it runs low /isn't charging.

Hopefully I won't find out ��

Hopefully is right, easy enough job to change the battery in that system.
    Here is a link to the suppliers list for one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement