Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Battleground (Smackdown Live)

• 11-07-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

WWE_Battlegroung_Logo.png

3 matches announced so far

Punjabi Prison match for the WWE Championship
    Jinder Mahal (c)vs. Randy Orton

Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
    The Usos(c) vs. The New Day

Flag match
    John Cena vs. Rusev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Really any need for the specific stip for a flag match. We already have Mahal using the I hate america gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

They had a whole flag-based promo package for the PPV last year, so I assume it'll be the same this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Nakamura v Corbin and women's five way elimination match to be no 1 contender at summerslam announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

paulie21 wrote: »
    Nakamura v Corbin and women's five way elimination match to be no 1 contender at summerslam announced

Nakamura vs Corbin is an odd one. I suppose a loss wont hurt Corbin, but I hate when MITB winners lose constantly.

Nak cant be losing to Corbin either unless someone interfers. Id rather these two be kept apart.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really any need for the specific stip for a flag match. We already have Mahal using the I hate america gimmick.

And Owens. The top three heels are all running the same gimmick really :/
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Nakamura vs Corbin is an odd one. I suppose a loss wont hurt Corbin, but I hate when MITB winners lose constantly.

Nak cant be losing to Corbin either unless someone interfers. Id rather these two be kept apart.

I'd imagine Nak wins, wouldn't be shocked if Corbin cashes in to move towards Orton/Corbin, and then Nak can face either Styles (more likely) or Cena at Summerslam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very meh ppv

Looking forward too styles vs KO and nakamura vs Corbin. The punjabi prison match could be a bit of a cluster****, I expect Orton too win the title back but Corbin will cash in straight after the match

Think I'll watch the first hour and then game of thrones and finish the rest off the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »

Looking forward too styles vs KO and nakamura vs Corbin. The punjabi prison match could be a bit of a cluster****, I expect Orton too win the title back but Corbin will cash in straight after the match

Orton will be outside of the punjabi prison at that point though. Baron will have a hard time getting him back over two cages and into the ring lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm actually looking forward to the Punjabi Prison Match as we have two guys who aren't oversized or a gimmick and can work a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's Orton though. The big spot in the match will probably be a choke hold on top of the prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Also

Sami Zayn vs. Mike Kanellis

Tye Dillinger vs. Aiden English - Kickoff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Final card for the PPV
    WWE Championship – Punjabi Prison Match
    Jinder Mahal (Champion) vs. Randy Orton

Flag Match
    John Cena vs. Rusev

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Baron Corbin

United States Championship
    AJ Styles (Champion) vs. Kevin Owens

Five-Way Elimination Match – Winner will face Naomi for the Smackdown Women’s Championship at SummerSlam
    Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Lana

Sami Zayn vs. Mike Kanellis

Kickoff Match
    Tye Dillinger vs. Aiden English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has the guy not representing America ever lost a flag match?

And what's with the regressing these days? Kendo stick on a pole, flag match. Bra and panties incoming?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Has the guy not representing America ever lost a flag match?

And what's with the regressing these days? Kendo stick on a pole, flag match. Bra and panties incoming?

Ugh, I hope not. We're far removed from those days, thankfully. That type of titillation has no place in today's WWE.

Alexa vs Sasha please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So Cena winning the biggest lock possible?

first PPV match back since Mania in a flag match cmon you know Johnny boy is going to represent the good ol US of A and have Ol Glory flying high against that Foreign threat from Bulgaria. What better way for him to prepare for a run at Jinder "You Americans hate me cos I'm different" Mahal and the title match at SS too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So Cena winning the biggest lock possible

I'd be very surprised if it was anything other than a Cena win before just announcing he's facing Jinder because Cena

lockoftheweek.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think it's fair to say that Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal will easily have the best Punjabi prison match in the history of the gimmick. Now that's not a high bar, and Batista should have been knighted for wrestling against khali in a match that required climbing and agility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No tag matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

No tag matches?

Uso v New Day for titles

Breezango to find out the truth as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Breezango to find out the truth as well.

Break up perhaps ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Break up perhaps ??

is there any point to nreaking them up? Seem to be getting over atm

2 teams broken up in the space of a few weeks. Be stupid to break up another, especially in the same way as one of those teams, with the sneak attacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Rjd2 wrote: »
    is there any point to nreaking them up? Seem to be getting over atm

Damn those two for getting over on their own. Break them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Ugh, I hope not. We're far removed from those days, thankfully. That type of titillation has no place in today's WWE.

Nah they put it up on Instagram instead :pac:

I seen Cena cut a promo on the flag match saying there was a finish line for the flag match which has sucked the enthusiasm I had to see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Match of the night already??

New day v usos was a cracker

ayatollah wrote: »
    Match of the night already??

New day v usos was a cracker
    Yeah and the Aidan English vs tye Dillinger was a decent pro wrestling match aswell. It's been a very decent start to the PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Never thought I'd see the day where a match between AJ Styles and Kevin Owens may not be the best on the card.

New Day/Usos was great

Maybe it's just me but I don't get the baron corbains push.

I know it's unlikely but come on Becky. A credit to the parish as a person and as a pro wrestler.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That promo was weird. Like, they are doing a thing where it's like they are saying Naomi is a fighting champion, but then she doesn't get a match.

Jesus natalya is like dry wall. Even tamina has more personality than natalya.

It shows how green Lana is when tamina looks good in the ring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Huh. Only person I thought had less chance of winning that was Tamina.

Bull**** booking. Natalya isn't better than Becky and Charlotte. At least Charlotte has personality and I don't define her by her family heritage in the business. Natalya can't hold her uncles and fathers coat in WWE.

Baron Corbin is horrendous, he shouldn't even be on the roster. What a lame finish too.

• Advertisement

Baron Corbin is horrendous, he shouldn't even be on the roster. What a lame finish too.
    In indifferent to Corbin. Is he the best ? No clearly not but he's harmless IMO. Nak is phoning it in a bit

The commentators mentioned Nattie was one behind Trish for PPVs appearances, so expecting her to win at SummerSlam while equalling the record! But agree thats its poor booking!

Oh just **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Second owens v styles match ive been disappointed with.

Either AJ forgot to kick out, or they're going for a "both shoulders were down" story? But again, a BS ending!
    The 2 matches I was looking forward to most with silly endings!

• Advertisement

I'm only watching now to see how bad the prison match can possibly be. I'm confident it will be an abomination.

This match is bad, really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Only stayin up for the breezango segment then bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The card for this PPV looked weak, and usually those type of cards end up being a lot better than expected.

Oh but not this. This has been absolutely dreadful. Just get this Punjabi shîtshow over with so I can head off to sleep, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Also,
    The Great Khali
    is rumoured to be backstage. Of course he bloody is. :mad:

This is going to suck for the live crowd, that's kinda hard to see in to.

This looks like it would be crap to watch in the arena. Watching through a cluttered, yellow mess of bamboo.

Edit: Yep, what Angron said.

What a shocking turn of events, who could have ever seen the Singhs interfering.

Are you bloody serious? Great fecking Khali...

So instead of dropping to floor when Khali shook the cage, Orton somehow got flipped back over the top of the cage..... Right... What a waste of 3 hours!

• Advertisement
Advertisement