Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Battleground (Smackdown Live)

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That was a miserable waste of space show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Reading a report of this show is kind of embarrassing for it to be happening when NJPW have had 4 very good shows in the last week alone.
    Apple's & oranges but Smackdown has been just as bad as Raw lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

People were leaving in their droves during the main event. That Jinder Mahal sure is over. Good luck getting any money at all from India.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

People were leaving in their droves during the main event. That Jinder Mahal sure is over. Good luck getting any money at all from India.

Wanting to nail the India market is sensible. 1.3 billion people and wrestling has support there.

However.......I do wonder how someone like Jindar is going to move the needle that much there. He was a jobber up until a few months ago, his gimmick is the stereotypical anti USA gimmick which makes so many cringe and he never wins clean whatsoever. His push is basically

"Heh Indian's, here is an Indian with a belt, give us your money"

He is also in a feud with a heatless Orton, the Smackdown numbers whether ratings wise and attendance wise have been at best erratic since he became champ in America, is he really moving the needle enough in India to justify this push?

They have support, but also have no money to spend. Certainly not on a streaming service. Meltzer noted that some countries just don't pay for streaming services, Japan being one where WWE Network is dying a painful death there. It's not going to happen in India. Why ruin your product for the rest of the world just for the chance? If it was any good at all people would pay for it either way.

But it's not, it's abysmal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's been abysmal for a long while now if we are being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smackdown is in the shìtter.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Glad i turned off after the Breezango thing and i had seen a picture of the Great Khali had returned i knew it was not worth watching.

So i wonder who will be the attackers? Would Sanity be called up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

deStHJp.gif

That's a couple of hours I'll never get back, ye gods it was ****E.

• Advertisement

That gif would work with "We Hate You" too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hopefully that keeps orton away from the main event scene for awhile. I imagine it will be cena vs mahal at summerslam in the battle of the muscles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Glad i turned off after the Breezango thing and i had seen a picture of the Great Khali had returned i knew it was not worth watching.

So i wonder who will be the attackers? Would Sanity be called up ?

It's probably Harper and Rowan, because fcuk continuity, right?

6723+-+laughing+smiling+suit+vince_mcmahon+wwf.png

ricero wrote: »
    Hopefully that keeps orton away from the main event scene for awhile. I imagine it will be cena vs mahal at summerslam in the battle of the muscles

Yep, Orton vs Khali. What a mouth watering prospect.

I'll let this picture of Kevin Owens describe my thoughts on such a match

19248139_325408557891007_3874010484547538737_n.jpg?oh=7772a4f013cb852b46a333039bd51a58&oe=59D702C3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, am I the only one who marked out for Khali :pac:
    It might be for the title, but Orton vs Mahal has been a midcard feud, and viewed through that lense, it's not been bad. Not great, but not bad. I loved Khali's return.

Loved the tag match. Thought Xavier was brilliant.

Did something go wrong with the end of the US title match? Seemed like there was meant to be some screwy ending but someone messed it up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Will this be the first time in his career that Khali will have to carry a match? Yikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Aiden English and Tye Dillinger was actually a very enjoyable match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My big problem with Jinder is I still don't see him as a world champ, he's still a jobber that just has the belt. The fact that he's incapable of winning matches without the sort of bollocks we got last night only compounds the fact. He's not a good enough wrestler, nor charismatic enough to pull off being a main eventer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I stumbled upon wwe India Twitter and dear God they are marking out over jinder and khali.

Smackdown is not in a good state they've got a decent mid card feud headlining. Styles/owens hasn't clicked at all and kinda seemed like something went wrong like tsc said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That was an awful ppv. One of the worst in a while.

Usos and New day were ok but I think new day have run their course a long,long time ago.I was hoping for a break up and a heel turn by one of them.Of course they get rewarded with the tag titles :rolleyes:

Nakamura v Corbin felt like a bad pairing before the event and to me it didn't work

I enjoyed the womens match the best.Really wanted Becky to win! As soon as she tapped out 2 ladies I said well she won't be winning and then she was promptly pinned! :rolleyes: So predictable! That was the problem with this match and the womens division. No one looks strong and it is just shuffle the pack every week. Glad for Natalya that she won.

AJ and Owens feels like we have seen it too many times. Maybe I am wrong but it just felt tired. Really bad ending that felt half messed up or they didn't get the reaction/result they wanted.

Cena will never lose a flag on a pole match and I felt sorry for Rusev. He seems to be in endless matches with Cena. Again it just felt tired and we have seen it too many times.

The Breezango thing was kinda funny for a few weeks but that has really stayed on tv too long. It is just too childish and feels like its meant for under 8s.I hated Tyler Breeze originally in NXT but he won me over with his model gimmick. Seeing him now dressing like a woman is very sad to see.

Having Mike K. job to Sami made no sense at all.Give him the win to at least get him some traction.

For the Punjabi match I flicked to the ending. Just am not interested in Mahal as Champion. He has no charisma, not a great wrestler and can't really do a good promo.He shouldn't be in the main event.What following does he have? No one at shows. It is just for the people in India but the show is suffering badly. I like Khali but as soon as he appeared you know whats going to happen.

The whole show is stuck in the WWE rut.No surprises at all other than Khali. But his time has gone and it is just the same as The Rock coming out to get Roman over as Khali out to help Jinder.At least The Rock is the Rock!

• Advertisement

Crowd's view of the PP match...

uWmzjjgg.jpg

What a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Could they not at least see what the TV audience saw on the tron or overhead screens?

If not that really is a disaster.

I'm sure they could see the titan-tron but still, paying for a ticket and having to watch the main event on a screen is a joke.

Such a stupid match concept. Should be the last one ever.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm sure they could see the titan-tron but still, paying for a ticket and having to watch the main event on a screen is a joke.

Such a stupid match concept. Should be the last one ever.

Should never have been brought back in the first place.

To be honest, I'd forgotten if it had looked that bad from the outside the last two times the match happened, but when the outer cage started dropping down it just sort of struck me how bad that was going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is there some sort of rule that says they have to climb over the top? It was like the bit in Hot Shots Part Deux where the guy couldn't reach the keys through the bars so just stepped through them then went back in.

And i always wonder why there are kendo sticks under the ring. Tables, ladder, chairs and sledgehammers, i get but not like when constructing the ring they'll be using kendo sticks.

With the number of times they mentioned the steel enforced bamboo, i was left wondering is the bamboo somehow grown around the steel?

Had to laugh at the big fuss made over the gates only for Orton to just climb over the inner cage and step to the outer one. Did he genuinely slip?

As was said, i don't understand appealing to India with a heel champion. Of course he'll be cheered and the face will be booed when they go there. Why not push a face of the same nationality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Average enough PPV

I wonder is the great khali back full time or only a short deal ???

As good as they are im getting a bit fed up of Styles vs KO matches and hope they move Styles away from the US title picture. I'd put Cena in there if he loves America that much

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So is there some sort of rule that says they have to climb over the top? It was like the bit in Hot Shots Part Deux where the guy couldn't reach the keys through the bars so just stepped through them then went back in.

And i always wonder why there are kendo sticks under the ring. Tables, ladder, chairs and sledgehammers, i get but not like when constructing the ring they'll be using kendo sticks.

With the number of times they mentioned the steel enforced bamboo, i was left wondering is the bamboo somehow grown around the steel?

Had to laugh at the big fuss made over the gates only for Orton to just climb over the inner cage and step to the outer one. Did he genuinely slip?

As was said, i don't understand appealing to India with a heel champion. Of course he'll be cheered and the face will be booed when they go there. Why not push a face of the same nationality?

Jinder would never be cheered as a face, at least they can blame the boos on him being a heel this way.

Deluded company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The US title finish looked like they were going down the double pin route which is why he never kicked out

I think AJ was meant to put up his shoulder but didn't. You can see it in his face after the three count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just need to bring back Tiger Ali Singh now to be part of Jinder's stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just need to bring back Tiger Ali Singh now to be part of Jinder's stable.

Muhammad Hassan and his manager too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Muhammad Hassan and his manager too

Why? Cos they wore stuff on their head and were different looking? They were Arabic characters. Jinder et al are Indian. Not the same.

Unless you wanna throw in the League of Nations, The Un-Americans and La Resistance too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jinder would never be cheered as a face, at least they can blame the boos on him being a heel this way.

Deluded company.

He likely wouldn't but if he didn't act so obviously heelish then his calls regarding racist America would be more valid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Thought it was an average ppv couldnt really get into any of the matches and Kevin Owens was very poor in his match just seemed to be going through the motions.

Advertisement