Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Checklist 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Could you sky plus it or equivalent?

Ah it doesn't be the same not watching it live

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Ah it doesn't be the same not watching it live

True especially as now the best parts go viral.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was tweeting about the Rose of Tralee during the week and at the end of it a lot of people (including me) tweeted something along the lines of 'see you for the Toy Show'. It's great to watch it live and read what other people are thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

The late late show is back tonight......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

^^^

426850.JPG[\img]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

One for next year's list is when TK Maxx get Christmas stuff in. It normally starts the end of August/start of September, there's always an odd bit or two that appears mixed in with the Halloween stuff but I saw candleholders with Christmas trees and reindeer in mid-July this year :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One for next year's list is when TK Maxx get Christmas stuff in. It normally starts the end of August/start of September, there's always an odd bit or two that appears mixed in with the Halloween stuff but I saw candleholders with Christmas trees and reindeer in mid-July this year :eek:

I love your username! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If your into TKMaxx you might like the stuff they've have in there sister shop.(Homesense)

http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/homes-and-property/christmas-shopping-decorations-homesense-dublin-11089126

I love your username! :)

It's becoming a generational thing, there's loads of people who have no idea what it refers to :o As long as it gets me a bigger apartment... :D

@freshpopcorn I'm very jealous of you guys having one in Cork, I was in Dublin in June but just before they opened. :( I would be a RL version of the 'gimme all the things' meme :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's becoming a generational thing, there's loads of people who have no idea what it refers to :o As long as it gets me a bigger apartment... :D
    "A... transponster!!"
    "THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!"

:D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    "A... transponster!!"
    "THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!"

:D

I read that in Rachel's & Monica's voices, down to the pause before Monica's bit. I even added Rachel going "ooh ooh ooh!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Have we mentioned a white Christmas thread on the weather board yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Home Alone was on d'telly last night :)

Another one ticked off the list - Christmas FM have announced their charity partner - it's Sightsavers - just saw it on FB

Boots tweeted today their Christmas Catalog will roll out from tomorrow on! :)

Boots tweeted today their Christmas Catalog will roll out from tomorrow on! :)

Note me hassling the ladies in boots looking for it!

Has anybody seen the Hampers, Sweets & Treats(Hampers & Roses) lottery tickets yet? My local Tesco have boxes of Butlets behind the customer service desk but no sign of the tickets. There generally out by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Boots in Jervis St have their Christmas stock out on display upstairs.

There is loads. I was sickened I hadn't time to look. I will make it my business to go back and have a good look. :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Has anybody seen the Hampers, Sweets & Treats(Hampers & Roses) lottery tickets yet? My local Tesco have boxes of Butlets behind the customer service desk but no sign of the tickets. There generally out by now!

I was actually looking for them a few days ago and they weren’t out yet. I always thought they were out at this time.

We've LOADS crossed off now!! :D:D

• Advertisement

It's not Movies 24 but True Movies has been showing Christmas movies all weekend and looks to be showing mostly Christmas movies all week (in between episodes of The Waltons, which leads me to question how true these movies are... :D)

Movies 24 became Christmas 24 on Saturday...

Crossed off!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

It's not Movies 24 but True Movies has been showing Christmas movies all weekend and looks to be showing mostly Christmas movies all week (in between episodes of The Waltons, which leads me to question how true these movies are... :D)

I can never remember which channel I see it on, but I've been catching Christmas movies for a good while now. I think one of those channels showed Christmas movies in July (during the week) and seemed to have them on and off for the last while. Those movies are never going to be Oscar winners but they are just so warm and fuzzy! :)
    Also Netflix has some of those 'Christmas 24' Christmas movies, in case anyone doesn't have the channels.
    Posy wrote:
    We've LOADS crossed off now!!

I just logged on today to this forum and my thoughts exactly! It's amazing how quick it comes around!
    I had a dream a few weeks ago that Christmas was a couple of days away and I had NOTHING done. I was in such a panic!! :D

2 more ticked off........Clocks have gone back & Halloween is over

chuckles30 wrote: »
    2 more ticked off........Clocks have gone back & Halloween is over

Updated and tidied the list up a little. Not many left now! :D

Can't believe how much we've already got crossed off!! :D

There's another one, "Aldi/Lidl catalogues have Christmas stuff in them" - well, Lidl definitely have this week! Decorations on Thursday!

There's another one, "Aldi/Lidl catalogues have Christmas stuff in them" - well, Lidl definitely have this week! Decorations on Thursday!

Aldi have advent calender's in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Aldi have advent calender's in!

Aldi's Advent Calendars look lovely. Similar calendars were in other shops for a much more expensive price.

I got lovely Christmas decs in Lidl & Aldi over the years. People always ask me where I get them from. They do the Scandi thing so well.

Advertisement