If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Radio

Options
  • 11-07-2017 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi

On the lookout for an Internet Radio with Spotify connect please, any suggestions?
    All the reviews seem to love the Roberts Radio Stream93i and if I was going for that would want the battery pack also.

Thanks
    J

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jspuds wrote: »
    Hi

On the lookout for an Internet Radio with Spotify connect please, any suggestions?
    All the reviews seem to love the Roberts Radio Stream93i and if I was going for that would want the battery pack also.

Thanks
    J
    Morning Mr. Spuds :D,

everyone loves the 93i - except me... I just don't get it personally but it is a big seller and I think that's possible because there are very few alternatives left at this stage.

I'm not sure if you NEED the battery portability but if it was me ( and I know you like your quality as well ;) ) I'd have no hesitation in going for the Ruark R2 Mk3:

https://www.whathifi.com/ruark-audio/r2-mk3/review

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12944-r2-soft-black.aspx

It is significantly more expensive than the 93i - but it's on a different planet when it comes to sound quality - and that's before we start to talk appearance and build quality! - the Ruark is really stunning to look at and is available in a variety of real wood and white finishes. 

Our cousins over at Richersounds.com are at £419 on the Ruark, we are at £399 but its fantastic value in Euro at the moment at just €439 in the black finish.

Thanks again for the post and as ever drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi

Thanks
    J

everyone loves the 93i - except me... I just don't get it personally but it is a big seller and I think that's possible because there are very few alternatives left at this stage.

I'm not sure if you NEED the battery portability but if it was me ( and I know you like your quality as well ;) ) I'd have no hesitation in going for the Ruark R2 Mk3:

It is significantly more expensive than the 93i - but it's on a different planet when it comes to sound quality - and that's before we start to talk appearance and build quality! - the Ruark is really stunning to look at and is available in a variety of real wood and white finishes. 

Our cousins over at Richersounds.com are at £419 on the Ruark, we are at £399 but its fantastic value in Euro at the moment at just €439 in the black finish.

Thanks again for the post and as ever drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, I forgot to mention that this is for a kitchen and not hooked up to an amp so even though I would love the Ruark I couldn't justify the price.  The battery option would not be a deal breaker.

Any chance you have any open box items?

Regards
    J

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

Thanks
    J

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, I forgot to mention that this is for a kitchen and not hooked up to an amp so even though I would love the Ruark I couldn't justify the price.  The battery option would not be a deal breaker.

Regards
    J
    Nothing really in open box unfortunately - BUT the Ruark is a complete unit with built in speakers and does not need a separate amp? Maybe its just outside budget ( it is more expensive than the 93i I realise) ..

Would you use a standard Bluetooth / Wifi speaker and stream from a phone / Pad via Tunein as this would radically expand your choices?

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi

Thanks
    J

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Regards
    J
    Nothing really in open box unfortunately - BUT the Ruark is a complete unit with built in speakers and does not need a separate amp? Maybe its just outside budget ( it is more expensive than the 93i I realise) ..

Would you use a standard Bluetooth / Wifi speaker and stream from a phone / Pad via Tunein as this would radically expand your choices?

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Good idea thanks, I have a bluetooth speaker and will give that a go before purchasing a new unit

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

Thanks
    J

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Regards
    J

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Good idea thanks, I have a bluetooth speaker and will give that a go before purchasing a new unit
    No worries Jspuds. 

Let us know if you decide you need a new one ;)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.