Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting short term in Dublin

Options
  • 12-07-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I'm heading away for a few weeks. I'm thinking of renting out my small Dublin home while I'm away.. Is AirBnB the only option or is there better out there? Should I put it up on daft?

Ideally it'd just be one person/couple for the two weeks saying as I'm going to be away and I won't be back to clean up for the next person staying here..

I feel like short term lets on daft are normally for 1-3 months, whereas air bnb lets are more 3-5 days.. Is there a happy medium website that is used for one to two weeks?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

You will get week long bookings on Airbnb. Honestly I doubt you will get a two week long bookings without reviews unless your price is low. Personally I would not stay in some random persons house for two weeks unless there was several reviews indicating how good it was. It might be more dated the photos, it is not clean, the area is dodgy etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭CPTM

You will get week long bookings on Airbnb. Honestly I doubt you will get a two week long bookings without reviews unless your price is low. Personally I would not stay in some random persons house for two weeks unless there was several reviews indicating how good it was. It might be more dated the photos, it is not clean, the area is dodgy etc

Yes this is true. I'd probably be the same myself. And too low a price without reviews could be seen as a time waster / fake profile.. The tough rental market in Dublin might mean there's someone viewing houses and needs somewhere to base themselves for a week or two while they view.. Or someone who has a place secured from August onwards and needs a place to stay until then.

If anyone has any tips or have done this before I'd really appreciate any insight at all. I'm thinking of getting into airbnb for my spare room anyways after my trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Why don't you do a house swap ? On a holiday house swap website

Wesser wrote:
    Why don't you do a house swap ? On a holiday house swap website

Great idea! - I never thought of this before. This particular trip is for work though so I'm getting put up in a hotel, but this would be a perfect idea for holidays in general.

Danger now is I spend all my time looking at house swaps instead of prepping the air bnb profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Terrible idea letting a stranger into ones personal house with all your belongings.

Its different when people set up a property for this as in 98% of cases its not their home.

• Advertisement

Terrible idea letting a stranger into ones personal house with all your belongings.

Its different when people set up a property for this as in 98% of cases its not their home.

True in most cases perhaps, but in my place probably the couch and the bed are the only things of value! Maybe the my clothes but I'll have most of them with me. Tiny little place. Doesn't Air bnb have a deposit function, and they look after any extreme cases of damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

try all this facebook groups
    rent in dublin or like that
    you will find someone in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

CPTM wrote: »
    True in most cases perhaps, but in my place probably the couch and the bed are the only things of value! Maybe the my clothes but I'll have most of them with me. Tiny little place. Doesn't Air bnb have a deposit function, and they look after any extreme cases of damage?

Airbnb allows you to set a deposit. They have their own insurance for extreme circumstances.

You can throw up your property and see what responses you get. Don't forget to do verifications like drivers license, passport etc.

Advertisement