Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a good legal site to download music from (that I'll pay for)

• 12-07-2017 5:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Looking for a legit site to download music from. Shall pay, but as I'll be paying, I don't want it to be some dodgy site where I'd wonder if by CC details would get stolen, and want teh quality to be 320kbps (have come across some russian sites in the past that you pay for 192kbps music).

As my music player is an Android phone, I won't be buying the music from iTunes (GB's more space on the Android). Based in Toronto, so if push comes to shove, I'll probably buy the CD's, and then rip them. Band I'm currently looking for is "Texas Hippie Coalition", but the list is always expanding, to all sorts of random trad music as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Spotify premium works well for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭DopeTech

+1 for Spotify premium. Once you use it you will never look back. The Texas hippie coalition are on there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    +1 for Spotify premium. Once you use it you will never look back. The Texas hippie coalition are on there too.
    Ooooooooo..... seems I can play songs offline. Interesting!

But a tenner a month. Hrm. How much of their catalog is metal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Go with Spotify Premium...it has The Texas Hippy Collective...who fooking rule!!

I Looooove my metal, the only band I can't find on Spotify is Tool, everything else I like is there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Do you have a good data plan where you will be using Spotify? E.g. at home, mobile data for out and about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Spotify premium, and you can download as much as you want for the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Do you have a good data plan where you will be using Spotify? E.g. at home, mobile data for out and about?
    Yes, but I'll go for the offline option of downloading the 3,333 songs for offline use, and shall do so at home on the WiFi, as per below;
    You can only ever have 3,333 tracks offline synced on a device at any given time, however there is no limit on the number of times you can change which tracks are synced. So if you sync 3,333 decide you want a different playlist for example, just unmark some tracks as downloaded and then you can sync up to 3,333 tracks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I prefer to buy physical formats most of the time but for downloads I find https://ie.7digital.com/ excellent.

The MP3s are 320kbps which is essential. FLAC option also available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

You can try Spotify Premium free for a month if you want to check out what they have. There's also Deezer but I've not used that in years. Spotify also offers a free version that has ads but I use it so much I'm happy to pay the tenner.

As for legitimate mp3s, I've mostly bought from 7Digital which NewbridgeIR above me has already mentioned. In the past I bought from iTunes and converted them to mp3. They sounded fine to me but they mightn't to you.

Advertisement