Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underground Services Rights

• 12-07-2017 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario where my next door neighbours water, eircom and esb lines all pass through my site where i am currently building. At the time of purchase of the site, we were aware that her water only was passing through the site. Upon site clearance and ground works the esb and eircom lines were discovered also.

I spoke to the neighbour some time ago about her water well before any work commenced on site and explained that we could not have her water passing through and could not be responsible etc. I also explained that it would work out cheaper too if she could have it done while i had an excavator on site and that she could arrange something with my contractor.

My question is, who is responsible/€ for relocating them outside of my site? There are no known wayleaves on the site.

Ive my neighbours engineer asking me what my proposals are for relocating them and reconnecting etc and on the other hand my own engineer says ive no responsibility on them at all and even more so as there is no wayleave.

Cheers
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Did your neighbour own the land before you purchased the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joebaker20

Yes my neighbours family owned the land prior to purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joebaker20

Map showing site and water routes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

I'd be getting your solicitors on to the case ... wouldn't be trusting engineers / builders as to what rights etc you or your neighbour may or may not have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

joebaker20 wrote: »
    My question is, who is responsible/€ for relocating them outside of my site? There are no known wayleaves on the site.

Mod:

This requires legal advice and it cannot be dealt with here.

See a solicitor.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement