Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic warrior 4th and 5th of August 2017

Options
  • 12-07-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Is this the first year of this event or was it run before? Anyone doing this?

Seems that they are running the sprint triathlon both days is that right?

http://celticwarrior.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's a half IM / IM event as far as I know.

Thinking of heading over for the 180k cycle on saturday myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Did the half last year as a training exercise. There is no focus on times as such (at least not the longer distances anyway) - I found it great for getting in a long swim (with cover) and bike (didn't run due to injury). Thoroughly recommend it - I'm going to go back and maybe do 120 or 150k of the bike with an hour run off it. It's the same race venue as CK Tri and uses a lot of the same roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Any one doing this? I signed up for the one day half as my first foray into middle distance.
    Seems a lot happening over the weekend on their website & FB page. Hard to get a sense of the numbers actually taking part, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RossyR

Did the half this morning mainly as a training exercise for Barca IM.
    Found it really good... lovely swim and nice cycle and run routes. Lots of different events on but despite this it ran very smoothly..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

My first half. Nice day, great venue and courses. A really chilled atmosphere, good bunch of people doing all kinds of combinations of events. Including two guys apparently doing a double-Iron.
    I punctured on lap 1 of the bike, otherwise all went to plan. Was hoping to crack 5:30 - came in at 5:39. Happy with that all told.

• Advertisement

Whats the story with the lack of cut off times? I see there was a 19hour + long distance...

Whats the story with the lack of cut off times? I see there was a 19hour + long distance...

It's more of a training day out for most, if you want your fancy cut offs and such like you can go off and pay your money to IM!

Where did you see the results? I only did half the bike so assume I won?

EC1000 wrote: »
    It's more of a training day out for most, if you want your fancy cut offs and such like you can go off and pay your money to IM!

Where did you see the results? I only did half the bike so assume I won?

I didn't :) pics on facebook of a 19:51 'Ironman'

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

I Did the 70.3. Was a bit concerned about the number of events planned for weekend. Have to say really cool atmosphere, also MCI were there, very laid back bunch. Great lake for swim, bike a bit tougher than I expected, lovely run. Highly recommend doing this event, no big pressure like alot of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

what was the swim course format for the half ? single loop 1.9 or 2 loops or ?

• Advertisement

woody1 wrote: »
    what was the swim course format for the half ? single loop 1.9 or 2 loops or ?

Was 2 loops last year for the half. I did 4 loops of approx 950m - worked out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

cheers , that sounds good, i know its the same distance but a single 1900 loop just looks enormous..

Advertisement