Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last statement for closed account

Options
  • 12-07-2017 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, 

I used the online account close form last week to close my current account with Bank of Ireland. I just got text notification that my account has been successfully closed, thanks for that!

However, I just logged on to 365Online, and realise that I cannot access my past statements any longer. It makes sense and I should have thought of it before! 

I still have my credit card access through 365Online. 

Is there anyway I can get a copy of my current account transactions electronically from November 2016 to date as I do have a download of transactions older than that?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

fatb0y wrote: »
    Hi,

I used the online account close form last week to close my current account with Bank of Ireland. I just got text notification that my account has been successfully closed, thanks for that!

However, I just logged on to 365Online, and realise that I cannot access my past statements any longer. It makes sense and I should have thought of it before!

I still have my credit card access through 365Online.

Is there anyway I can get a copy of my current account transactions electronically from November 2016 to date as I do have a download of transactions older than that?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi fatb0y,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

When you close a Current account you will no longer have access to that Current account or its statements through 365 Online, this will happen once the account is fully closed. The closing statement will be sent to you in the post.
    Just to mention you will also no longer have access to view your Credit Card on 365 Online once your Current account is fully closed (unless you have another Current account still open and set up through the same User ID on 365 Online). You can register for Card Care to view and pay your Credit Card online, please see this link to register if you have not done so already. If we can help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fatb0y

Hi fatb0y,

When you close a Current account you will no longer have access to that Current account or its statements through 365 Online, this will happen once the account is fully closed. The closing statement will be sent to you in the post.
    Just to mention you will also no longer have access to view your Credit Card on 365 Online once your Current account is fully closed (unless you have another Current account still open and set up through the same User ID on 365 Online). You can register for Card Care to view and pay your Credit Card online, please see this link to register if you have not done so already. If we can help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for the quick response, so if I understand that correctly I will get a closing statement in the post, but I imagine that will only be the latest transactions rather than a historical set going back to November 2016, is the correct? If so, is there any other way for me to get a copy of last 7 months transactions either as a physical copy or electronically?
    Also, thanks for the heads up on 365online! I am registered on Card Care, but unfortunately that does not have an iPhone app, so it's a pity that once I lose my 365online access as you have suggested, I will no longer be able to use smart phone app to manage my credit card.
    Thanks,
    fatb0y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi fatb0y,

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for the quick response, so if I understand that correctly I will get a closing statement in the post, but I imagine that will only be the latest transactions rather than a historical set going back to November 2016, is the correct? If so, is there any other way for me to get a copy of last 7 months transactions either as a physical copy or electronically?
    Also, thanks for the heads up on 365online! I am registered on Card Care, but unfortunately that does not have an iPhone app, so it's a pity that once I lose my 365online access as you have suggested, I will no longer be able to use smart phone app to manage my credit card.
    Thanks,
    fatb0y
    Hi fatb0y,

Your closing statement will go from the date of your last statement up to the day your account is closed. If this doesn't include the time frame you need, please call our BOI Direct team on 0818 365365 or 0035314044000 and an advisor can arrange for this to be sent to you. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fatb0y

Hi fatb0y,

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    Thanks,
    fatb0y
    Hi fatb0y,

Your closing statement will go from the date of your last statement up to the day your account is closed. If this doesn't include the time frame you need, please call our BOI Direct team on 0818 365365 or 0035314044000 and an advisor can arrange for this to be sent to you. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah,
    I called them and they said they will send me a statement for past dates also.
    Thanks for your help!

Advertisement