Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your post count

• 12-07-2017 1:13pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So, today is an historic day for me. I have finally passed the 5,000 post count. Woo hoo!!! :pac::P:D

It's only taken me about 12 and a half years to reach this figure.

Any other boardsies approaching or have passed a significant milestone in their posts?

And do you think that there's a bit of an inverse relationship between quality and quantity of posts? For instance, is someone here who has posted 17,000 posts in a mere year always providing pearls of wisdom? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Quality not quantity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Nah, just means you've nothing interesting to add over a longer period of time. :pac::p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ste- wrote: »
    Quality not quantity.

What this man said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Just passed 1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Nearly at 2000. Busy day of posting ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What this man said.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭satguy

I keep mine down below 100 per year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Ste- wrote: »
    Quality not quantity.

3 word post regarding quality,,, ironic much?
    I personally hate the boards "3 word responce" (as i like to call it) in a thread to look for likes.

In nearly every post you can skip the first few posts where people just write a few words to get likes whereas the more in depth answers are generally later.

Sorry nothing to add to actual topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

Nah, just means you've nothing interesting to add over a longer period of time. :pac::p:p

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

2456 after this one

All complete nonsense:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm quitting as soon as I reach 25000.

I feel like this whole place has lost its soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I don't really comment unless it's really worth saying... Definitely quality over quantity.

Also, if you don't have anything nice to say stfu say nothing at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭conor222

I'm sure I'll hit 100 someday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The internet is not complete with out the garbage i post <3

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ImeldaNarcos

6 :( - more a lurker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

i posted here just to see my post count

EDIT - damn... didn't realise i was nearing the 5k mark myself

Blahfool wrote: »
    This

QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Wisdom can't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I usually don't bother posting unless it's in some way contributing to a discussion....like now. Mine works out at less than 6 posts a day which I don't think is that high.....

I don't really post in any other forums/on reddit either unless it's about something pretty specific where there isn't enough discussion on boards to satisfy my needs! Mostly about new movies or TV shows.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Posting pure and unadulterated scutter for 10 years :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The big question is some random comment e.g. having a sore toe or something, be pulled from the 'Bigbro-AI-cloud-conscious-database',
    and impact negatively financially, as an enhanced surcharge on my weekend space flight insurance to Mars in the year 2025ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    +1

+1

+1

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Just hit the 3000 mark last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Posting pure and unadulterated scutter for 10 years :cool:

And don't we know it!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Think I had a pretty high number on my previous account, Ciaran B, but I lost access to it after the hack. My Ciaran_B is a pale imitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

around 2400 and just under 1 post per day.

If you were to look at the comments that were useful and weren't arguing over facts or sarky asides it's probably be a lot lower.

Sad face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I feel like a shockwave is sent across the web whenever I post a reply. Such a momentous occasion.

• Advertisement

Almost 12000 posts. Jaysus. I find I post less and less these days but my daily count is still something like 13. Not really feeling the place right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

17,000+

Don't see any reason to celebrate post counts , but that's just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There is some amount of sh!te posted to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think 90% of my posts came in the first six or so years, and the rest in the last four.

Looong way to go before you hit the levels of Mike65 and his 90k odd posts before he either closed his account or got banned.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Apparently I have 25,145 (25,146 now?) posts. This is over a 12 year period, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The users with the most posts are

1. mike65 (75302) Closed Account
    2. Victor (57716)
    3. Tar.Aldion (47921)
    4. Des (42921)
    5. Nevyn (42878)

Des also posted under Lovely Bloke/Baldy Conscience I believe and had 12,060 posts. He was also Des F/_blank_ which had 43,720! That's a combined total of over 97,000 posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

510. An average of 48.6 a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

+1

i've been here so long I can remember when there was no thanks button and you had to +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Nearly at 5k now myself i am losing the love i used to have for the site people just on your case now to fast and attack and insult you for notting. I have Delseixa i have issues with grammar the odd time i cant help it but never stopped me in life people insult it and saying it should not be a issue and call me slow lovely people.

I am using it less and less then i used to the traffic is getting really bad here now and really low numbers and people have gone way to negative about the world.

I might reach 7k posts before the site is completely died and that will be happening in the next few years as the icing is on the cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

goose2005 wrote: »
    i've been here so long I can remember when there was no thanks button and you had to +1

+1

21/25

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A high post count was (at least some bit) impressive once upon a time, back when the whole site was pretty much open to everyone. Now you can open a new account and rack up thousands in the space of a month from off-topic chat threads in private forums. Great for those little cliques, but utterly meaningless on a site-wide level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

I've only posted now to boost up my count :D:D

But yeah, quality over quantity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A high post count was (at least some bit) impressive once upon a time, back when the whole site was pretty much open to everyone. Now you can open a new account and rack up thousands in the space of a month from off-topic chat threads in private forums. Great for those little cliques, but utterly meaningless on a site-wide level.

How's that agenda working out for you? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Doing 'aight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Because all posts on After Hours are ultra important. What happened, not allowed into the playpen?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Think I'm approaching 5K myself, will know after I post this. And I'm possibly here longer than the OP, worryingly....

Omackeral wrote: »
    Because all posts on After Hours are ultra important. What happened, not allowed into the playpen?!

We actually used to do a series of AMA threads in C&H back in the day, and they were called "In the Play-Pen". :D Better times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Shpudnik wrote: »
    510. An average of 48.6 a day.

Jaysus, thought Persephone Whastsit was bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Personally I find the join date more telling than the post count. I generally have more time for posters that have been around longer than newbs.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Jaysus, thought Persephone Whastsit was bad.

You got somethin' to say?! And it's PERSEPOLY!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

You got somethin' to say?! And it's PERSEPOLY!

No, it's really not!

• Advertisement
Advertisement