Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance & Extraordinary Payments

• 12-07-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I would welcome some advice on this please.

Separated earlier this year and court ordered maintenance as part of this, since its been paid on time every time in full. As part of this calculation, I submitted affidavit sworn which included the usual weekly costs for kids including a weekly dental fee amount for braces. Based on information seen, the judge arrived at a figure.
    Now, some months later, ex expects me to pay for this. It was a known and fully declared cost for the kids in my sworn affitdavit and I dont believe it to be extraordinary as its not just come out of nowhere.

I am struggling financially & left the family home that I pay in full along with generous maintenance ( roughly 53% of pay goes to her ) and renting a room in a strangers house. The ex has had 3 holidays in the year of separation.

What are peoples thoughts on this ? I believe I have paid for this already having declared the cost upfront.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Another day

If it was part of the figures in your affidavit then you have been receiving your ex's contribution so yes you are liable to pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 toastie1

thank you another day.

i am the payee, so what i am hearing from your comment is that, as it was included I have paid it, with no further obligation to pay, so discretionary ?

appreciate the response.

Sorry only seeing your reply now. Yes you have paid your portion unless specified in the agreement

Sorry only seeing your reply now. Yes you have paid your portion unless specified in the agreement

Advertisement