Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your application has been upheld by our Credit Control team and cannot be progressed

Options
  • 12-07-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

What a ridiculous joke !! 

After placing an order online for a 4g sim and router, I received an email, the gist of which was Your application has been upheld by our Credit Control team and cannot be progressed etc... 

I am a home owner. Have no issues with credit, no debts apart from fully up to date mortgage, yet Eir Credit Control refuse my application !!!! 

Judging by the hundreds (no exaggeration) of comments that pop up when you google this topic, this is an constant issue with this company. You expect me to provide my IBAN, full name address etc... online however you refuse to explain yourselves when a clearly over zealous credit control department rejects every other application. 

Even if I got this error fixed why would I want to join this company ???? 

Write and ask for an explanation? Are you kidding, you want my custom you tell me the suppose issues otherwise I'll join Three/ Vodafone/ ID/ Sky etc etc .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi demonreedler,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience to date.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to access why this order was rejected as our credit control department would be the only department that can see the reason behind this.

You will need to write into the following address to discuss this further:

eir Credit Vetting
    Unit B
    West Cork Technology Park
    Clonakilty
    Co. Cork

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 35 demonreedler

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi demonreedler,

Unfortunately, we would be unable to access why this order was rejected as our credit control department would be the only department that can see the reason behind this.

eir Credit Vetting
    Unit B
    Clonakilty
    Co. Cork

Thanks,
    Anna
    Boilerplate response, what a surprise. I won't be writing anywhere. There are plenty of other providers with a better track record.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 demonreedler

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi demonreedler,

eir Credit Vetting
    Unit B
    Clonakilty
    Co. Cork

Thanks,
    Anna
    Boilerplate response, what a surprise. I won't be writing anywhere. There are plenty of other providers with a better track record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I'm sorry you feel this way, however, we would be unable to look into this from here due to data protection.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

OP, do you want to hear a good one?

existing Eir business mobile customer ,so you would assume that i would have a good credit rating because eir business mobile have be taking 61.50 euro (inc Vat) every month for the last 2 years.

i applied online yesterday for business broadband and land line , through myeir online.

my order was rejected this morning because if credit approval or lack of same, for some reason.

nice one eir.

Vodafone (or three or virgin) here i come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

Ditto myself,

Ordered eirbroadband 5th September, still waiting!

Since spoke to 6 members of staff - all making promises which were not fulfilled.

Final straw today - after our order was retaken on Dec 4th ("I promise we'll call you back tomorrow") to be told that credit control refused our application.  We have been customers of eir-eircom since 2000 and have a direct-debit on an existing account !!  

The icing on the cake is 'we don't have a phone number for Credit management in Clonakilty, 'no, we don't have an e-mail address either'.  You'll have to write. 

I'm not sure whether to be insulted or incredulous.  I've made a complaint for what it's worth. 

But there are two things I can do - tell anyone else to avoid Eir and switch accounts.

Advertisement